Chapter 7

Chapter 7

*Aneesha*

I had no clue what had got into him since the morning. Perhaps since the night. He was grinning ear to ear, he was winking, he was smiling a lot, making sly flirtatious remarks. In a nutshell, he was being the most adorable guy on planet earth. He made me feel special. Maybe because he was my husband. Maybe because it was just a nice day- my birthday and finally one where I wasn't single! The wishes had been pouring in from colleagues, friends, schoolmates, extended family on my messenger, facebook and whatsapp. 

I flexed the muscles of my neck yawning. It was four in the afternoon. After are almost eight hour journey we had arrived at our destination. Pondicherry was a nice small city. The air smelt of the bay breeze. Much refreshing compared to our city's smoke smelling atmosphere. I darted my eyes across the room to the other single bed where he slept. He had taken the care while booking a room where we had two different beds. I smiled. My liking for him only grew. By multifolds. 

I got off the bed walking to the window that looked over the lane. He had booked a home stay in the heart of the town, which still looked like the French had made it. The old houses still stood with pride showing essence of French architecture. The roads neat rectangles and cobbled. Almost every house in the lane, had a small garden at the entry. It wasn't extravagant or royally beautiful. It was simple, sophisticated and affordable. I smiled. 

The breeze carried the scent from the bay. Oh, I loved this place already. We had arrived at lunchtime. The host had a nice lunch ready for us. We both decided to take some rest after the long drive. I looked at the sky. The sun was on it's journey downwards and the breeze was absolutely lovely. I didn't want to miss the sunset. I turned and walked up to his bed. "Sid!"

"Hmm" he hummed in sleep hugging the extra pillow in his arms tighter. I don't know why but that made my lips curve up.

"Sid wake up. We are not here to sleep." I said.

"Hmm.."

Was he even listening? I wondered. I couldn't help but look at his biceps at display as he hugged the pillow. As though appreciating my gawking, he turned over and his back faced me. He was wearing a deep brown vest that had rode up halfway. I immediately turned my gaze away as his nude lower back was at display. 

He's your husband. Ultimately you'll see every bit of him. What's the harm in little checking out? No. No. No. 

I shook my head, heading to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I stepped out dressed in a simple cherry red dress which ended somewhere near my calf muscles. I frowned seeing him still sleeping. Putting the wet towel out, combing my hair, doing my make up, wearing my sneakers, I did it all occasionally asking him to get up as I went about all of it. My patience had drained."Sid" I shouted.