Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Aneesha*

"Please, address them by their names. Even though they were at our wedding reception, I really don't remember the names. " I told him as we made our way to the lawn of the club.

"You'll like them. They're easy happy-go-lucky people. "

"Sounds good," I said looking around.

"Hey, Sid is finally here!" One voice shouted.

Impressive. He was so popular. Soon, as we neared the table for twelve, heads popped up to see in our direction. I smiled.

Awkward.

"Hey, so the newlyweds are here finally!" Another voice said aloud, this time belonging to a woman.

Newlyweds? Cute.

"Hi guys!" Sid greeted giving one man a side hug.

"We thought you guys changed your mind." A lady spoke walking up to Sid offering him some French fries.

"Ahh, no the traffic caught us." He replied picking up a piece.

Woah, did I become invisible to him? I felt like a dangling pointer. Introduce me idiot!

"Oh yes, guys, meet Anni. Anni, meet the crazy lot." He grinned finally introducing me a little formally as though he heard my mind out.

"Hi!" I said awkwardly looking from one face to another. Why were they staring? Oh, the new kid policy. Just like a new kid who entered a class got stares, I was getting them from his friends.

"Sid." The lady rolled her eyes chidingly.

"Hi Anni, let me introduce you tot he lot. This is Raina, that's Preetam her husband. They are the bickering couple. That's Riya and her husband Roop the lovebirds of our group. They are together since college. That's mummy Krystal busy with her toddler David, and that's the father of the baby, John. And that's the baby making couple Himanshi and Dhruv. They already have three kids. And that's my idiot— Suraj." The woman smilingly introduced me.

I nodded saying a hi. Himanshi almost threw the napkin that she had rolled into a ball at the lady who had completely forgotten to introduce me to herself.

"And this stupid is Roshini," Sid spoke hitting her head lightly, and then moved to the say hi to the baby in Krystal's arms.

"Hi!" I smiled at her. I had a sudden liking for this woman. She looked like five-foot two-inches, had deep hazel eyes and straight hair ending at her shoulders.

"Anni is that your name or something he kept?" Dhruv shot a question at me. The baby-maker guy. A grin across his face.

"It's Aneesha!" I smiled.