Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~ Two and a half month after marriage. ~

*Aneesha *

I looked up from my phone waiting outside his office. He usually was on time, but today it was otherwise. The buzzing traffic after the tiring day have me headache. In Bangalore life wasn't all rosy. The traffic sucked. Despite of the metro running the traffic never ceased. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel as one of my many favorite numbers played on the radio.

I caught glimpse of him walking out of his office building. His shirt sleeves rolled up disproportionately, a tiring day perhaps. He was speaking to someone, I assumed one of his colleagues. We took turns. One day I would drive and the next day him. Today I was the chauffeur for the day.

"Hi!" He said quickly hopping onto the passenger seat pulling the seat-belt.

"Ten minutes." I announced his delay time as I started the engine of the car.

"It's not like I am late every day."

"I was just stating a fact." I smiled focusing my eyes on the road.

"Uff.." He sighed sitting back, " this city needs to have traffic sense ".

I chuckled. "That it does."

"So how was your day?"He asked turning to glance at me.

"Pretty same, hectic." I turned the steering wheel.

"Let's go out for dinner today. I have no mood to get that apron on and cook."

"Don't worry. I will do all the cooking today. But then tomorrow everything will be on you."

"Amazing!" He commented sarcastically.

"What? It's just fair." I shrugged.

"Of course. " he mumbled.

I glanced at him. "You want to change the agenda?" I asked. Ever since the marriage this is how we functioned. All duties were equally distributed. So that none of us had to be pained everyday. It was a nice way of avoiding unnecessary bickering and hard feelings.

"No. I am just bored of the same old cycle," he said taking the Rubik's cube from the dashboard and twisting it. I wondered how he did it so effortlessly. His attention was always on anything but that but in a matter of minutes you'd see all the colors aligning. Shall I ask him to teach me? He'll prolly think I am dumb.

"We have a long weekend coming up. Any ideas." I asked and glanced at him encountering a red traffic signal again.

He looked up at me with shine in his eyes and smile on his face.

"Weekend getaway?"

"Sounds cool. Where?"I asked.

"Trekking?" He asked.