Chapter 39b

Patrick slowed as we approached the Docklands. He navigated around the built-up areas of regeneration with their impressive apartment complex and glass offices. We were moving toward the old docks themselves and the numerous warehouses that stood on the water's edge, forgotten and abandoned.

He stopped suddenly and threw me to the ground.

The air here was damp and mouldy. I lifted my head and saw an ugly concrete building in front of me with half its windows missing.

"You can walk, or I can carry inside. Which will it be?" Patrick asked.

"I'll walk," I said, rising up onto my feet.

I followed Patrick into the building, unsure about what to do next.

"If you try and run, I'll break both of your legs," he warned.

I nodded quietly, following him through the dark warehouse to a stairwell.

We went up a couple of floors to a large empty level with a few partitioned offices at the end. The floor was lit brightly with giant fluorescent lights that burned my eyes.

I heard a door open at the far end and saw a woman in a bright purple suit came running out. Her heels clipped against the floor making loud echoing sound that vibrated through the building.

"You moron! She was being followed," she hissed.

"Nevermind that, Christine. Bring me the duct tape."

She threw him a roll of duct tape and watched as he bound my feet and hands.

"I don't like this," she remarked nervously. "It's one thing pissing off Micah, it's another to pissing off the slayers."

"Micah will get here first. He's close, I can sense him."

"Are you sure? What if he manages to sneak past you?" Christine asked anxiously.

"He won't get past me. None of them will get past me because I can sense all of them. Remember, Christine, they all come from my blood."

I shook my head in disbelief and asked, "You gave this woman your blood?"

Patrick nodded, "Yes, for a price."

"You sold your blood to pharmaceutical company so that they could weaponise our blood that turned innocent people into mindless monsters. Why?"

"Leandro wouldn't give me the money I deserved. I had to earn a living somehow."

"Do you have any idea what you have done! The death and misery that both of you have unleashed on the world!"

He ignored my question and knelt down next to me. He lifted his hand to my face and whispered, "When I heard Magda had created a daughter, I had every intention of making you my chosen mate. I cannot begin to express the disappointment I felt when I discovered you had been paired up with a piece of slayer scum."

I pulled away from him and snapped, "I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole."

"Yet here you are, all tied up and completely at my mercy," he said, gazing down at my neckline.

Christine coughed loudly and snapped, "For god's sake, Micah will be here any second."

Patrick leaned forward and pressed his cold wet lips against mine. I jerked away from him and yelled, "Touch me again and I will bite your lips off."

Patrick laughed and said, "Forgive, Lorna. You're just so tempting."

He stood up and patted his jacket down.

"I'll wait for Micah and when I have him, I'm going come back here and show you things that your boyfriend could never do," he said licking his lips.

He breezed out the factory floor leaving Christine and me alone.

"Please," I said turning to Christine, "Don't let him touch me."

Christine responded by grabbing a piece of duct tape covering my mouth with it.

She walked away to the office leaving me on the floor completely alone. I couldn't believe what had just happened with Patrick. My whole body felt sick and cold. How could he do that to me? He must be insane. The feeling of complete helplessness overwhelmed me. Where the fuck were Gabe and Raphael?

Everything seemed lost when I heard a loud thud from behind. I rolled on to my side to see Christine in the office slumping to the floor. Micah was standing over her with a large wooden bat.

He dropped the bat and closed the door and walked over to me.

"What a fucking saga," he groaned, bending down and tearing the duct tape from my mouth.

"Micah, untie me, please," I begged.

"Are you kidding? I'm not chasing you around the warehouse."

"I won't run. I promise."

"Do I have idiot tattooed across my forehead?"

"Micah, please" I cried, "You don't understand, Patrick he-"

"Yeah I know what he wants to do to you Lorna," he sighed irritably. "And I don't care."