Chapter 7B

"Guns don't kill vampires," Sasha spoke slowly.

"You've had a lot to drink tonight," Michael growled and rested the muzzle of his gun against Sasha's temple.

Sasha breathed out a long hiss and sighed, "Well, my dear, I guess our date night will have to wait."

He let go of my arms and gently brushed a finger over my cheek. Michael grabbed him by the shoulder and threw him out the elevator. Sasha fell on his ass and called out, "You were made for me, Lorna."

He then pressed two fingers against his lips and poked his tongue out between them. A wave nausea bubbled up inside me and I had to look away. Michael moved in front of me, his broad back blocking my view of Sasha.

"You can't have her, Michael. You're not a real boy!" Sasha yelled.

Michael slammed fist against the elevator button and the doors slid shut. 

Turning to me, he lightly framed my face with his fingers and asked, "Are you okay?"

I thought about his question and didn't know how to respond. I was okay, but I wasn't okay. Sasha had just attacked me.

When I didn't reply, Michael inched closer to me and said, "It's okay, your safe."

"You pointed a gun at his head," I whispered.

"Yeah, I'll get my ass raked across the coals for doing that - but it was worth it. Sasha will think twice before touching you again." 

The elevator doors ping opened and I looked out onto the empty corridor. I knew that I had to leave the elevator and return back to my apartment, but I didn't want to -  I was scared. The apartment would be empty, and Magda and Francesca could be gone for several more hours. 

There was nothing stopping Sasha from coming down here and finding me.

Michael caught my elbow and lightly tugged on it. "Come on, I'll walk you back to your apartment."

"Michael, would you stay with me?" I asked.

Michael's eyebrows drew together in worry. "Did that shit stain frighten you?"

"Just a little," I confessed.

He nodded his head and slipped his arm around my waist. Pulling me close, we walked back to the apartment together. As we moved, I felt so small against Michael's enormous frame. He position his body around me, like a human shield. 

Opening the door of the apartment, we both walked in. The lights's flickered on and Michael locked the door behind us.

"I'll stay with you tonight," he said, "I can sleep on the couch and keep watch on the front door."

I glanced towards the front door and asked, "Do you think he'll try to get in?"

"No, I don't. But, I'll stay, if it makes you feel safe."

"Thank you," I smiled.

He smiled back at me and said, "Let me check your head."

I reached up and touched the back of my head. It was slightly sore from where Sasha had pushed me into the wall - but it wasn't nearly as painful as the bite mark Michael had left on my neck.

Taking a seat on the couch, Michael stood behind me and gently parted my hair.

"Keep still," he hummed as he checked for any bits of broken mirror or glass.

I held still for a few moments and asked, "Why did you bite me?"

Michael stilled and drew in a steady breathe. "I didn't bite you. I marked you."