bite. chapter 11- docklands

The sun shone through the church stain glassed windows spilling a spectrum of colours on my white wedding dress.  Smiling I looked across at Micah standing in a black tux with a single white carnation looped through the button hole. An elderly vicar stood in front of us and our family sat behind us watching the proud occasion. Happiness was bubbling inside me as Micah began to read his vows allowed in front of the whole church. Everything was perfect until out the corner of my eye in a dark corner of the church I noticed a man standing there watching me. Heat prickled along my skin and I found it impossible to concentrate on Micah.

“I can be anything you want to be,” the voice echoed, “Your boyfriend, your husband, your best friend. Whatever you want me to be.”

“It’s as easy as that.” I parroted back.

“What do you want Lorna.” Michael asked me.

“Everything.” I whispered.

Micah arched an eyebrow and looked behind him to see who I was talking too but for some reason couldn’t see Michael like I could. Throwing down my bouquet I apoligized to Micah,

“I’m sorry, I can’t be with you. I love him.”

“What are you talking about.” Micah replied angrily grabbing my wrist as I tried to break away.

“Let me go!” I screamed.

There was a sudden blur the sped past in a flash. Micah let go of my hand and groped his neck screaming as blood poured from between his fingers. The smell hit my nostrils and I felt my fangs protract down. I wanted to help Micah but he was screaming in horror as he saw me stumble towards him fangs glinting in the sunlight. Michael then appeared wrapping his arms around me watching Micah bleed slowly to death.

The sun rose and I awoke from the dream feeling very sick. Michael groaned sleepily in my ear, my head was laid on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me. Closing my eyes I savoured the warmth and safety his embrace provided. There was no other place I felt safer in the universe was with him. Opening one eye Michael looked down on me and nuzzled the top of my head,

“I had a wonderful dream,” He smiled. “You were in it.”

“Great.” I replied struggling to wriggle free from his arms. Michael responded by rolling over pinning me beneath him.

“I’ve got the day off and I had this great idea that we could spend the whole day in bed.” He said bending his head down to kiss me. I dodged his head knowing that one kiss was enough to lead me astray.

“We have to find Micah.” I said gently.

Michael groaned and rolled off me muttering under his breathe,

“Great.”

I sat up on the edge of the bed and hurried into the bathroom my heart was thundering in my chest. I had managed to avoid Michael today but it would only be a matter of time before I eventually gave in to temptation. Bending my neck in front of the bathroom mirror I examined the faint mark Michael had left from a few nights ago. I wondered if it would ever fade to nothingness eventually or if it would stay there forever as a declaration of our blood bond. I had a shower and went back into the bedroom where Michael was there still laying on my bed topless looking incredibly gorgeous.

“I thought we could go for a drive tonight.” He said.

Picking out an outfit I replied, “Micah, remember.”

“We’ll swing by Emma’s office on the way back. First I want to take you on a date.”

“A date?”