bite. chapter 37- Cassandra

Patrick had set me up. He wanted me so he destroyed my safe house forcing me to live here with him so that he could use me as a lure for Micah. I felt so stupid and trusting to believe that Patrick and Leandro would suddenly forgive Magda and accept me into their lives out of good will. Michael was right, I didn’t really understand the political games vampires and humans played. The conversation that Patrick had had with this woman had put the situation into perspective. Micah and his army of very expensive hybrid vampires were roaming around the county killing people and all these people cared about was capturing and selling them on to make a fortune. The death and destruction that these monsters had caused meant nothing to them. Suddenly I felt very disillusioned with the world. Sheldon was dead, Patrick had set me up and I was still a wanted terrorist. I walked towards the house, I could see Michael looking around the kitchen anxiously for me. When he saw me approaching the French windows, he moved across the kitchen in a blur. A second later his firm hands were framing my face tilting my head upwards so he could see my expression. I hadn’t thought about how I was going to explain everything to Michael.

“Why were you out in the garden? Are you okay?” He asked.

“Michael,” I said shivering, “I need you to do me a favour.”

“Why are you shivering baby? It’s not even cold out here.”

Michael face was fraught with worry; he moved his hands over me, checking if I was injured or harmed. I caught his hands in mine and held them still.

“Michael, I am fine.” I said.

“No you’re not.” He replied.

He was right, I wasn’t okay. I didn’t know what was going on. People were dying around me and I didn’t know what to believe anymore. I thought I could trust my covens but now I wasn’t so sure. I let go of Michael’s hands and rested my head against his chest I closed my eyes and breathed him in. Michael was the only constant in my life. I felt he arms wrap around me.

“What the hell has happened to you in the last five minutes?” He asked.

“Michael, I need you to take me to see Tessa Logan’s daughter.” I said.

“What? Now?”

“I want to ask her questions about her mother.”

“Leandro and Patrick have told me under no circumstances to let you leave.” Michael replied.

“Oh baby,” I sighed leaning up and kissing his mouth, “We can’t trust them anymore.”

Michael went still and searched my eyes. He didn’t ask any questions or pressured me into some kind of explanation. Instead he nodded his head as if there was a mutual understanding between us. I pulled out of his embrace and said,

“I’m going to get changed and I want you to hot wire whatever is sat on the drive, okay?”

Michael nodded.

I went upstairs and changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. We wouldn’t be staying here tonight so I found several carrier bags and packed them with clothes, supplies and petty cash. I wasn’t going to let Sheldon or those other gang members deaths be in vain. The grief and helplessness inside me had transformed into angry determination to find out the truth and bring justice to those who had died. I wasn’t going to be pushed about anymore. Grabbing my possessions I slipped out of the house onto the driveway. Michael was sat in a white Audi TT with the engine running. I got into the car and he slowly drove up the drive.

“Micah didn’t set those monsters on us,” I said as we pulled out on to the main road. “Patrick did. I heard him talking to a woman while I was walking in the garden. They want Micah so they can sell him and his v-types as bio-weapons to private buyers. Patrick wanted me in his custody so he could use me as bait.”