bite. chapter 29

“So what brings you to my happy little household at this late hour Miss.Lorna?” Skull said reclining back in his chair.

 “I need to seek asylum with your gang.” I said seriously.

“I take it the young man stood outside this office dressed as a policeman is also seeking refuge too?” Skull replied.

I nodded.

“Well, well, well,” Skull clucked, “This isn’t exactly the five star hotel service you are used to but we have a spare room in the cellar below we keep for such occasions.”

“Thank you, I-”

“This isn’t a free service Lorna. I am not a philanthropist, I will be expecting payment.”

“Keira could get money if you wanted-”

“No, no, no, money is not our currency down here. I would like you to repay me in kindness.” Skull said standing up from behind his desk and moving around it. He had that glint in his eye like the time before and carefully moved backwards.

“Take off that pretty little top and show me what’s underneath.” Skull smiled.

The door opened and Michael blurred past throwing himself in front of me staring menancingly at Skull. Gently I rested my hands on Michael’s shoulders and said softly, “Michael calm down.”

Michael ignored me. Punk vampires began to fill the office holding various bats and blunt implements. Skull made an irritating hissing noise,

“For the love of Pete I wanted this to be a little tete not a bloody gang bang. All of you fuck off out of here!” Skull yelled at his cronies.

The punk vampires filtered out the room reluctantly leaving Michael and myself alone with Skull. Skull lit a cigarette and said, “I wasn’t planning a menge a trois either.”

Michael grabbed my hand, “We’re leaving.” He said flatly.

Skull waved his hand, “Come on son, I was only trying my luck on with your lovely lady. Don’t take it personally. You can have the bleeding cellar room for free but I’ll warn you it’s a dump. There’s a mattress down there with battery lamp, but nothing fancy. You’re free to have it.”

“Thanks. We’ll take what we can get.” I said.

Skull snapped his fingers and a punk with a safety pin hanging out of his nose walked in.

“Frankie show our guests our spare suite in the cellar, my good man.” Skull said cheerfully.

We followed Frankie down a small flight of stairs into damp ridden musty corridor. We were lead to the last room on the right and left alone. Michael went in first and I followed. The room stank, it was wet, dirty, and covered in filth. To the corner of the room was a stained mattress and flickering erratically in the other corner was a glorified torch.

“You shouldn’t have lost your cool with Skull. He’s doing us a big favour.” I said closing the door behind us.

“He tried to touch you inappropriately.” Michael said flatly.

“Yeah, he did that last time.” I said shrugging off Skull sexual harassment as if was nothing.

Michael grabbed my arm, “I don’t like it here.” He said starkly.

Looking around the damp black cellar I snapped, “Michael what is there to like! I don’t like it either but,” I took a deep breath in and continued, “But I don’t care… I don’t care because I am here with you.”