Chapter 20

The days dragged on while I packed and worked. I patiently awaited the weekend and to start over, yet again. Although I have yet to believe that Samuel would up and leave without an excuse, or play me, it was a better thought than him cheating on me or gone forever. Wherever he may be, I hope he is enjoying life. I deeply missed his presence but I was done walking on broken glass while he sat on a throne.

Drew had taken Thursday and Friday off to drive here and get everything packed up in our vehicles. We both have small cars and had to pack them full of boxes and clothes. None of the furniture belonged to me.

Once he arrived at the apartment, I could tell he was exhausted from driving for twelve hours and getting little to no sleep anyway. He embraced me in a protective hug and I started to break down for the first time since that night. Drew caressed my hair and kissed the top of my head. His voice was soft and gentle when he spoke.

"Rayley, it's okay. I'm here now. You can start over. I promise you will enjoy life better now." He held me tighter and by this time I had no more tears to let out and was screaming into his chest. I could feel the tension in his muscles after every pained cry I let out. He wiped away the remainder of my tears and gently kissed me.

"We're both exhausted and have a long drive tomorrow. We should get some sleep." I nodded in agreement and followed him to my barren bedroom. He climbed atop the bed and slipped his shoes and shirt off. I took my shirt off and laid next to him. He pulled me close and kissed my forehead. "I can't wait to wake up next to you every morning."

I smiled and nestled my head in his chest, drifting off into a deep sleep.

~~~~

I awoke to next morning at 5. Drew was already up and moving around. He had put the last of the boxes into his Volts Wagon Jetta and taken a quick shower.

"Fuck." I rolled over, putting my face into the mattress. He threw a pillow at me.

"Get up. We have to leave soon and I can't have you falling asleep at the wheel." I refused to move, he hopped on the bed and put his legs on either side me. "Get up or else." I grunted and pulled the pillow over my head. I quickly went into armadillo mode when he started tickling me.

"STOP, I CAN- DREW!" I was laughing too hard and couldn't catch my breath. He got a proud look on his face and stopped, he leaned in to kiss my nose but my lips met his. I smiled in accomplishment and pushed him off. Getting out of bed, I found an old t-shirt laying around and threw it on.

I cleaned up my appearance and walked back into the kitchen. Drew was on the phone, his accent had thickened and I knew he was speaking to his mother. I walked to the fridge, grabbed a yogurt and a spoon. I sat on the counter silently eating and eavesdropping at much as possible.

The topic was clearly heated, but my mind wasn't awake yet and couldn't make out what was going on. I sighed, having finished my breakfast and Drew finally getting off the phone. His frustration was easy to read. He walked over to me, rested his head on my shoulder he mumbled something I didn't catch. I kissed his hand.

"Hey, whatever it is, it'll be alright. Let's get on the road so we get home at decent hour, okay?"

He nodded and kissed me softly. Our lips danced for a couple of seconds then tore apart. "I'll meet you in the parking garage. Don't take too long." I nodded at him. I walked over to the other counter, pulled out a pen and pad and began to scribble a note to Zoe that explained everything. I smiled and walked out of the apartment and down to my car. Drew was leaned up against his own with a smirk on his face.

"You never can just disappear can you? You always have to leave some explanation." He grabbed my hips, pulling me close to him. I smiled, "No I cannot just dis-" I couldn't finish my sentence, his lips met mine in a rough and aggressive manner. He moved me to lean up against the jetta and pinned me, I flexed my hips to be pressed against his. He bit my lower lip, grinding his hips on mine, I opened my mouth letting out a sigh. Drew took full advantage, slipping his tongue into my mouth and exploring. I laced my fingers in his hair, he pulled away and I whimpered.