Chapter Seven

Dedicated to my best friend, because I love her with all my heart and helped me get through a rough heart break. I love you so so so much, you have no clue.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

I got up late the next day. Sam was gone, at work I guess. I got up and curled my hair. Monster by Skillet play from my sound system.

I feel it deep within,

It's just beneath the skin

I must confess that I

Feel like a monster

I hate what I've become

The nightmare's just begun

I must confess that I

Feel like a monster

I feel like a monster

I hummed to the tune. Zoe knocked on my door, sweaty and dirty from practice. She grabbed the remote and turned down the music.

"Hey. are we still going to that party?" She looked down shyly.

"Yes! Go get cleaned, dirty girl. I'll curl your hair." I smiled and she nodded. I looked at her with curiosity.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm nervous."

"Why? It's just Sam and Jake and their friends. Nothing too bad."

"That's the point. We know no one there, and they're all older than us..." I smiled. Her shyness was always cute.

"We'll be fine. Just be yourself. Now shoo. go get a shower!" She laughed and went to her shower. I finished my hair and put on a strapless ivory lace dress that went to my mid thigh. I put on little make up and went to do Zo's hair.

After the hour and a half it took me to curl her hair and get her into jeans and a light button down, we headed to Sam's.

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Zoe's POV

I had been dancing with a lot of boys, not really caring for the alcohol they offered. They were all really cute and some, complete perfection. I looked around for Rayley, whom was with Sam, dancing and having a blast. I walked to the bathroom to freshen up a bit.

The place was crowded, we were all sweating and to be honest, I really had to pee. I knocked loudly on the door making sure no one was in there. When I didn't hear a response I walked in and did my business.

I was almost done fixing my hair and getting the smudge eyeliner off my face when Jake came in. I looked at him weirdly first. He was leaning up against the wall, eyes were closed and he was breathing heavy as if he just finished running.

"Jake?" He didn't respond right away, but he slowly opened his eyes, which narrowed at me after realizing who I was. He walked toward me then walked into the shower and turned on the water. I waited for a minute or two for him to talk, or walk back out but he didn't.

I leapt to my feet and walked into the stone shower.

"Jake, are you okay?"

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes, just girls are crazy."

"Why do you say that?"

Then I realized. I walked into the shower after him. He probably didn't need to be checked up on, just needed space. Lastly, he was naked.

I blushed and looked away. "Sorry." He chuckled a deep, sexy laugh.

"You're okay, not the first girl to see me naked."

My eyes went wide. To be honest, no one had seen me naked since I was a child. I had refused to sleep with any of my boyfriends no matter how long I dated them. Jake was also the first man I'd seen naked. This made me blush more.

"Zoe, am I the first guy you've seen naked?" His voice was teasing. I looked down and quietly spoke.

"Yes."

He laughed again.

"Has a man ever seen your beautiful body?" He got closer to me, raising my head to look in his eyes. They were blue-green with yellow flecks here and there. I shook my head no. He smiled a perfect smile.

"May I change that?" He stepped closer, so close its nomally not to my liking but right there; I didn't care.