Chapter 19

Sam had been planning the trip to start the day after semester break started and to come back a couple of days before we were to drag our asses back into classes. I was quite excited about the trip but we both realized that neither of us would have the money to stay for two weeks. We both decided to attempt to make ends meet with extra shifts and picking up a house cleaning gig on the weekends. We had finally met our goal to book the flights and the condo, with a little money left over for check bags and shopping. 

My mother wasn't too pleased about me not being home for Christmas, but she knew I would be home for all of Thanksgiving. She couldn't be too bitter seeing as I hadn't planned on being home but a couple days during semester break. When she called today asking to at least hear Sam's voice and having a stern talk to him, since he is the only other person going, it was to my luck he was at work with a boot camp training session all day. 

I hadn't been put down for a shift today, so I spent most of the day cleaning the place and packing. Sam and I had decided to move into our own smaller apartment with less expensive bills. Frankly, I was relieved that I no longer had to pay over a grand a month for my living area. Zoe and Jake seemed to be on board with getting our own apartments. Even though we weren't living in the same part of the building anymore, they were right across the hall from us. We had one more billing period before we officially switched homes. 

I looked over at the clock, 1:30pm. Sam is getting off at 5 and taking me out to dinner at 7. He calls it a "celebration for a new chapter in our lives." I call it, "I really want to see you in a dress and fuck you hard after dinner." He's been riding my ass about sex lately and even though I would love to give it to him every time he is in the mood, but I have last minute summer assignments due the first day and simply do not have the time every night. I will be shocked if he doesn't attempt to seduce me tonight. 

I finish packing the last of my things and check the mail. Nothing but bills and a letter for Zoe. I sigh and set them on the counter. I walk back to the bedroom and look at my phone. I have a few messages. Two from Drew and one from Zoe.

DrEw;

Good afternoon Miss Michaels, I hope all is well. You are a very sly girl, I found the letter you hid in my desk, under all the post it notes. Looks like you got what you wanted, ma'am. Cannot wait to see you at Thanksgiving. Who is this Sam your mother keeps telling me of?

The send message is a picture of the note with a clue leading him to another, and another. All of which are in the picture and ends up with a long descriptive letter of where to find me and what I want done while he is here. I laugh a little to myself and shake my head. I will miss seeing him everyday and bugging him in person. 

Rayley;

Dear Mr. Payne, everything is wonderful. How is your life? I am more intelligent than I normally get credit for, although I though you would have found the note upon visiting. I suppose I out thought the teacher? ;) I think the real question here is, how is Melissa and why was she texting you the entire time you were with me? 

Samuel is a complicated figure in my life. I believe we are in a relationship, but he has not specified since returning back to Pensacola. I will see you Thanksgiving. Keep me updated on the team.

I send the message and looked at the one my mother sent. I frowned while I read it and realized I had quite a bit explaining to do once I came home.

Mom;

Why does your coach constantly look completely pissed off at the mention of Sam's name. What happened while he was there? You have a lot of explaining to do. If you did anything inappropriate, I am pulling you from Florida and you will live at home until med school.