Chapter 13

I looked over at Drew, his hair clung to his forehead from the sweat. His dark blue eyes watched my every movement and I took a deep breath. I ran my hands through his hair again and smiled, he wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed my nose.

"Not too bad for an old man." 

He threw his head back and laughed. His legs intertwined with mine and we rested our foreheads on each other. I looked into his eyes and no longer saw a person of authority in a school. I saw the man I looked at when I stopped by his classroom in free period and after school. A man of power and being. He knew his place in this world but was lost just the same. The way he was always behind his desk on the computer, only to stop what he was doing to look up, smile and talk to me. He always smelled really nice and every time he was on the opposing team, I couldn't steal the ball because the scent of his cologne would distract me. And he knew it too.

He closed his eyes and rubbed my back. His breathing falling even and starting to softly snore. I smiled to myself and drifted off into sleep.

~~~~

I woke up to the sun peaking through my window, Drew was still sound asleep and I looked at the time. 6:20 in the morning. I rolled my eyes and slowly got out of bed. I grabbed a clean t-shirt and jean shorts. I went and took a shower, brushed out my hair and walked back into my room. Drew was still asleep and I looked at the time again. 7:00. I sighed and walked into the living room. Zoe was in work apparel and grabbing her things for the day.

"What time do you clock in today?"

"I'm supposed to be there at 10 but Miles says he needs help with some of the equipment. Apparently a huge shipment came in early and we need to get all of our older things onto the floor at a decent price. But who really wants to buy last season gear, ya know?"

I looked at her, then looked down at myself.

"Well, I always bought last seasons gear, it worked just the same and was cheaper. But really the only thing that changes in soccer is cleats. We never really get new sweats or shirts. Bags, we get new bags. And shin guards when needed."

She nodded. "Yeah, but we didn't get a shipment of only soccer, it's everything and we have most of the back filled with last season items. Bunches of stress, especially with school starting in eight weeks. Speaking of, have you bought your text books?"

"No, I don't have my professors yet, and some of them might want different text books.. are you getting used ones?"

"Depends on how much money I have and how good of condition the book is in."

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. Zoe tucked in her Academy polo and mixed her hair one last time then headed for the door.

"Want to meet up for lunch? I get two hours today since I'm showing up so early."

"Sure, text me where at and I'll be there!"

She walked out the door and turned to the calender hanging on the fridge. 

RENT DUE JUNE 30TH. 

I looked down at my phone and rolled my eyes. I left Drew a note on the counter that I'd be back soon, I took Zoe's half of the rent and mine and went to the mail room. Sure enough there was our bill. 

Flat rate: $800

Electricity: $210

Water: $150

Total: $1,160

I sighed and walked up to the receptionist. She smiled and looked up at me.

"Hello! How may I help you?"