Chapter 16

I had been waking up for several days next to someone perfect in every way. Each time I had awoken before him I spent five or so minutes tracing my finger along his muscular back or watching his chest rise and fall with each breath he took, and pushing his messy hair out of the way. He was perfect and even more so in his sleep. But this morning when I rolled over to look at his beauty a pain in my chest became more noticeable. He was no longer there. He wasn't there last night and will not be back for months. My heart broke more and more when I thought of it. They both had gone home. I'm stuck here, alone. 

I rolled onto my back and looked at the ceiling. I'm not sure who I missed more. But something told me Sam. He'd left everything behind, including me. Drew on the other hand, had only left because of work and the fact that he cannot live here without having his own car. I slowly got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. 

I stripped out of my clothes and walked into my shower. I turned the water to the hottest temperature. I felt the water running over me but the warmth was not comforting. I slid down the wall and rested my head on my knees, in the first time in forever, I broke down. Every nerve in my body felt numb I did not know what to do. 

I stayed on the floor sobbing for a long while. The water had gone ice cold and I shut it off. I got up and walked to get into sweats and a t-shirt. I brushed the tangles out of my hair and grabbed the key to Sam's apartment. 

I walked to the front door and unlocked it. The apartment hadn't been touched since Jake stayed with Zoe most of the time. I saw mail stuffed under the door. I picked it up, each and everything in my hand was written to Sam. I kept going through the stack of papers, when I saw something addressed to me.

I looked at it and set the other envelopes aside. 

Rayley Michaels

Dear Miss Michaels,

Caio bella, I miss you and I know that you will end up in my apartment on several occasions. I know because I watched you do it the day I left. I know it's been weeks since you've heard from me but I love you. You may not understand why I am doing this, but that is okay. Maybe one day you will. 

I miss seeing you eyes light up when you do something you're proud of. I miss watching your messy hair fall perfectly in the morning. I don't enjoy sleeping alone so I picture you next to me each and every night. You are my light in this world and I hope it never burns out. Every time I laid my eyes on you, I fell more in love. Every little thing you did, I was in love with. You got on every last one of my nerves at times but I didn't mind because I'd look over at you and your head would be down and you knew it was time to leave me alone. No one else ever did that. They would continue to yell. And the day I left you, I watched your bright eyes go dark. They no longer shined like emeralds but was merely a murky lake. At that moment I knew you really and truly loved me. 

I am hoping this blows over faster and I can come home to you. Te amo, bella.

Always,

Samuel x

I grasped the letter in my hands and felt hot tears stream down my face. I ran to his room and collapsed onto the still unmade bed and tried to catch his scent. But I never did. 

~~~~

Terribly sorry for the depressing chapters but they are majorly important at this point and time. A Summer to Remember will be ending soon and I will have a sequel to follow. I will keep you guys updated on all of this. 

Please keep my Sam and his family & friends in your thoughts/prayers. I was just informed this moring that he has passed away in a car accident (along with his best friend's father) back in April. 

Sam, 

You were and always will be my sunshine, you may not walk this earth anymore but I still feel your presence each and every day. Te amo, always.