Chapter 34 "Ouch! That's Abuse!"

Sitting in her Charger, Shaylynn's phone rings.
"Hello," she says.
"Where are you?" Alexander asks her.
"Sitting in my car, why?" Shaylynn asks.
"You need to come in, now!" he says hanging up.
Shaylynn gets a confused look on her face as she puts her phone in the cup holder then starts up her car.

~~~~~~

On a scene at Millennium Park, the Intelligence Unit is investigating multiple people being shot.
After talking to a witness, Ruzek walks over to Hank.
Hank can tell by the look on his face that something's up, "What is it?" Hank asks him.
"You might want to have Jay come over here," Ruzek tells him.
Hank radios for Halstead to come over where he and Ruzek are.
A minute later, Halstead walks up to them, "What's up?" he asks.
"The witness I talked to told me some disturbing stuff," Ruzek says.
Hank and Halstead look at each other, "Meaning?" Hank asks.
"The witness said that the woman who was shot was a bystander who the purse snatcher ran into," Ruzek tells them.
"And the other two guys?" Halstead asks, "Why were they shot?"
"They too were ran into by the purse snatcher," Ruzek says, "But that's not the disturbing stuff."
"What is the disturbing stuff?" Halstead asks.
"The witness said a woman was firing at the purse snatcher and that it finally took her the fourth try to finally hit him," Ruzek tells them.
"That's not that disturbing. Sounds like someone has a gun who shouldn't have one who thought they were going to be a hero," Hank says.
"That's not the disturbing part. What is the disturbing part is the witness said they talked to the woman. She told the witness her name and had a semi-conversation with the witness," Ruzek says looking at Hank then to Halstead.
"And? Did the witness tell you the name and what they talked about?" Halstead questions.
"They did," Ruzek says, "They said the woman told them her name was Alexandrea Voight and that she was Hank Voight's daughter. And that she had to hurry up and leave and get home to her husband Jay Halstead."
Halstead stares at Ruzek. He can't believe what he just heard.
"Sounds like someone is trying to impersonate Shaylynn," Hank says.
Halstead glares at Hank, "You think? That's all I don't need is some crazy woman roaming around Chicago thinking she's married to me! Shaylynn finds out about this, this woman is screwed!"
Hank stares at Halstead, "We also don't need this woman going around shooting people!"
"Yeah, that too!" Halstead says, "I'm more worried about what Shaylynn will do."

~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in Alexander's office, Shaylynn waits for him to walk in.
Finally, after five minutes, he walks in closing the door behind him.
"Where were you when I called?" he asks her as he walks around his desk and sits down.
"I told you I was in my car," she tells him.
"And where was that?" Alexander asks.
"Around the Riverwalk, why?" Shaylynn asks him.
"There was a shooting at Millennium Park," Alexander tells her but is interrupted.
"It wasn't me!" Shaylynn tells him, "I did my assignment, walked along the Riverwalk, then went to my car! I was nowhere near Millennium Park! What's going on?"
There's a knock at the door, "I think we're going to find out," Alexander tells her, "Come in!" he says.
The door opens and a guy walks in, "What did you find out?" Alexander asks.
"It was a woman who did the shooting. She was shooting at a purse snatcher but hit three other people in the process. A witness talked to her and was told her name and some other things," the man says.
"What was the shooter's name?" Alexander asks.
"Alexandrea Voight. She told the witness she was Hank Voight's daughter," the man says.
Alexander looks at Shaylynn, "I'm the only daughter Hank has," she tells him.
"There's more," the man says, "The witness told me the shooter told them they were in a rush because she had to hurry home and be with her husband, Jay Halstead."
Alexander looks at Shaylynn to see her face is red and getting redder by the second, "Shaylynn calm down!" he tells her.
She stands up, "Calm down! How do you expect me to stay calm when some lunatic is out there thinking she's married to my husband!" Shaylynn yells at him, "I have to go!"
Shaylynn turns around and walks out of Alexander's office.