Chapter 8 "Stay Calm"

~~~~I put it out on Instagram and here that I have this chapter done and most wanted me to wait until the 28th to post it.    Well, as you see I've posted it now.   With some events going on and not knowing how they'll play out, I might not be able to post this on Thursday. ~~~~

"Alright," Hank says, "We need to head back to the District. Antonio says they got a lead," he tells Halstead.
Halstead turns around and heads back out to 171.
"I'm texting you a picture I took of the footage that shows the guys face that got out of Jay's truck," Hank tells Antonio.
"Shaylynn wasn't driving the truck?" Antonio questions.
"No, there were no signs of her. Whoever this is had this all planned out to have another vehicle waiting for them at Red Gate Woods," Hank says, "This wasn't some random kidnapping."

~~~~~~~

Hank and Halstead walk up the stairs into the Bullpen, "What did you find out?" Hank asks Antonio.
"We went to Cook County thinking her phone was inside but they had no idea what we were talking about. So we went back outside and started looking around. We walked the entire perimeter and finally found Shaylynn's phone along West 26th Street across from San Miguel. They must have discovered that her phone was on her and threw it out," Antonio says, "The footage we were able to get from the cameras from around the perimeter shows a white SUV with two white bald males. The passenger was seen throwing something out the window in the same spot Shaylynn's phone was found. When the license plate was run it came back that it was involved in a State Trooper shooting," Antonio tells them.
"Were you able to get the footage from the body cam?" Hank asks Antonio.
"Yes, they emailed me a copy of it after I told them what was going on," Antonio says.
"Let's see it," Hank tells.
Antonio hits the play button.
It shows the State Trooper walking up to the passenger's side of the white SUV. He slowly walks past the back looking in. That's when everyone sees a blonde laying down in the very back with tape around her ankles, her arms behind her back with her wrists taped together, with tape over her mouth and a blindfold on.
Antonio presses the stop button, "Pretty sure no one wants to see what happens next," he says.
"Did you watch the rest of the video," Hank asks Antonio.
"I did," he says, "The passenger is the same guy from the picture you sent me."
"And the State Trooper?" Halstead asks.
"Didn't make it," Antonio tells him.
Halstead turns around and throws his coat at his desk.
"Let me have the license plate number for this white SUV," Hank tells Antonio, "I want to run it again and see if anything else pops up."
Antonio gives the plate number to Hank when Halstead looks at him.
"I'll take care of it," Halstead tells him.
Hank hands the piece of paper over to Halstead.

Thirty minutes later, Halstead comes to the team holding a folder, "Here's a picture of the white SUV that was taken across the street from an auto parts store." 

"It's registered to a Thomas Moore

"It's registered to a Thomas Moore. He owns Mike's Body Shop on South Blue Island Avenue," Halstead tells them..
"Wait, why is it called Mike's if his name is Thomas?" Ruzek asks.
"Thomas bought it off Mike the original owner when he retired," Halstead tells him.
"West 26th Street turns into South Blue Island Avenue at the intersection of South Western Avenue," Atwater says.
"And that's the way they were headed," Antonio says.
"Let's load up and pay a visit to this body shop," Hank says as Halstead walks behind his desk to pick up his coat.
"Shouldn't we get a warrant first?" Antonio asks.
"My wife has been kidnapped and you want to worry about a warrant?!" Halstead asks Antonio with a pissed off look on his face.