Chapter 26 "Always Thinking About You"

Halstead returns home to hear music on very loud coming from upstairs.
Walking up the stairs and to the master bedroom, Halstead opens the door and has Pitbull blasting right at him.

He walks into the room but doesn't see Shaylynn. Looking over at the closet he sees the door's open.
Halstead walks into the closet to see Shaylynn dancing while picking out clothes.
After a minute she turns around and is startled by him, "Shit! You scared me!" she tells him.
He starts laughing, "You don't have to stop dancing," he tells her.
"We have to be getting ready in a little while," Shaylynn tells him as she takes her clothes and walks past him out to the bedroom.
"Why's that?" Halstead asks.
She lays her clothes down on the bed then turns around to look at him, "To go to Molly's. Herrmann's having a singer tonight," she tells him.
"How do you know about that?" he asks.
"I stopped in when I saw Kelly's and Beth's cars there. I had already thanked Beth for what they did but wanted to thank Kelly. That's when I found out," she tells him as she walks over to her vanity.
Halstead walks up behind her and puts his arms around her, "That was nice of you," he says looking in the mirror.
Shaylynn turns around and puts her arms around his neck, "I'm so happy you got over whatever it was of you thinking Kelly and I had a thing for each other," she tells him.
"Yeah, that was silly of me," he tells her, "Kelly made it very clear you two were just friends when he told me that with you around was like having Shay back for him. That's what he's been needing."
Shaylynn looks at Halstead funny, "What do you mean by that?" she asks him.
"He's been so lost without Shay. Their friendship was something special. Once she was gone Kelly changed.  I never noticed until later that with you in his life, it's like seeing him with Shay again. Then Beth came along. For as long as I've known him, I've never seen him so happy," Halstead tells her looking over at the bed.
"What are you looking at?" she asks him.
He looks back at her with a shitty grin on his face, "Quicky?"
Shaylynn starts laughing, "I don't do anything quick according to you earlier today."
"I think I can manage," Halstead tells her as he works on taking her pants off.

They finish just as Shaylynn's phone starts ringing.
Rolling off Halstead, Shaylynn grabs for her phone on the bedside table, "Yeah?" she says.
"Are you and Jay going to Molly's later?" she hears Beth ask her.
"Yeah, are you and Kelly?" Shaylynn asks.
"We are. What are you wearing?" Beth asks.
"Nothing from Forever 21 that's for sure!" Shaylynn tells her laughing.
"I'm pretty sure I have a Prada dress I can still fit into! You're a nasty piece of work by the way!" Beth tells her.
Shaylynn starts laughing, "Bitch!"
"Shut up! I'll see you and my boyfriend at Molly's. Tell him I can't wait to see his cheesy grin!" Beth says.
Shaylynn narrows her eyes, "Cousin or not I will slap you bitch!" she says laughing, "You little shit!"
"Love you!" Beth tells her.
"Love you too! I'll see you later at Molly's," Shaylynn tells her.
"Sure!" Beth says.
They both hang up.
"By that conversation, I take it was Beth?" Halstead asks her as he puts on the pants he'll be wearing to Molly's tonight.
"Yes," she tells him, "She said she can't wait to see her boyfriend and his cheesy grin at Molly's."
Halstead looks at Shaylynn, "And who would that be?" he asks her.
"You," she tells him.
Halstead gets a scared look on his face, Shaylynn starts laughing as she gets up out of bed.
Grabbing her clothes, she heads to the bathroom as Halstead finishes getting dressed.