Chapter 15 "Spidey Sense Is Tingling"

After packing Jacquelyn's bag, Shaylynn starts packing her bag to go out to California with Beth, Severide, and Ellie.
She thought it would be fun to have the Beach Boys playing in the background while she packs.
Hearing the music, Jacquelyn walks into the room and starts dancing around to 'Surfin' U.S.A.'
Shaylynn can't help but laugh watching her daughter climb up onto the bed and act like she's surfing.
Halstead stands in the doorway and starts laughing, "Daddy! I surfing!" Jacquelyn says with a big smile on her face. 

He walks in and over to Shaylynn sticking his arm around her waist, "I wish I could go with you guys," he tells her

She turns around, putting her arms around his neck, "I wish you could also but we won't be gone long."
"I'm going to surf!" Jacquelyn says jumping up and down on her parent's bed.
Both Shaylynn and Halstead start laughing, "That's not happening!" Shaylynn tells her.
Jacquelyn jumps up and plops backward onto the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~

Out in Laguna Beach, Shaylynn settles Jacquelyn into her room then moves over to the room she'll be using at Beth and Severide's beach house.
Looking at the time, Shaylynn sees that she and Beth need to be leaving for the outdoor shooting range before it closes.
She and Jacquelyn walk down the stairs to find Beth and Severide in the living room with Ellie.
"Now remember what I said about being good for Kelly," Shaylynn tells Jacquelyn.
"Yes, Mommy," Jacquelyn says as she walks off toward the kitchen.
"She'll be fine," Severide tells Shaylynn smiling trying to reassure her, "I'll get her a snack and if it's alright put a Disney movie on for her."
Shaylynn nods at him, "We better be going," she tells Beth.
She walks out of the house while Beth does what she does with Severide before she leaves to go somewhere.
Standing outside waiting, Beth finally comes out, "Ready?" she asks Shaylynn.
Shaylynn gives her a look, Beth starts laughing.

~~~~~~~

At the shooting range, Shaylynn and Beth are met by a guy. He introduces himself to them saying his name is Mark.
"So ladies, have you ever shot a gun before?" Mark asks them.
"I never have. So I guess that makes me a virgin," Beth says making Mark go red.
Beth starts laughing, "Not that type of virgin!"
Shaylynn rolls her eyes, "She needs her medication," she tells Mark who starts laughing, "I've shot a gun before."
Beth gives Shaylynn a look, "Alright ladies, let's head over to the range," Mark tells them.
Mark gets the rifles ready and hands one to Beth. Once Mark has her all lined up, Beth starts shooting hitting the targets taking Shaylynn by surprise.
Mark looks at Beth in shock, "I thought you said you were a shooting virgin?"
"I am!" Beth tells him, "I need to get a gun when I get back!"
Shaylynn's eyes get huge, "Oh hell no!" she tells Beth, "But you sure have impressed me!"
Getting her rifle ready, Shaylynn aims taking out every target.
Mark can see Shaylynn has more control as where Beth points recklessly but still hits the targets.
"You two are snipers aren't you?" Mark asks them.
Shaylynn smirks, "Who us?" she asks him with the smirk getting bigger, "Not us! Beth, you need to take a firearms course back in Chicago. I'll talk to Hank and see who's in charge of that."
"Uncle Hank and Kelly won't let me take it," Beth tells her.
"It'll be fine," Shaylynn reassures her.
"What do you two do for a living?" Mark asks.
"I'm a businesswoman," Beth tells him.
"I offer a different kind of service," Shaylynn tells him.
Beth moves closer to Mark, "She's an escort," she whispers to him catching him off guard and making him turn red.
Shaylynn turns to see Severide pulling in, "Beth, your husband's here."
"You're married?" Mark questions.
"Both of us are," Shaylynn tells him.
"Shame!" Mark says looking over where Severide parked.
Shaylynn's phone rings.
She pulls it out of her pocket and answers it, "Alexander?" she says as she walks away, "Why are you calling me?"
"I have some bad news," Alexander tells her.
Shaylynn's heart stops, "Is Jay alright?" she asks scared to death.
"Yes, he's fine! It's about your Stepfather's brother, Mark. Shaylynn, I'm sorry, he passed away," Alexander tells her.
Shaylynn doesn't know what to say, she stands there in shock.
"Shaylynn, are you there?" he asks her.
"Yes, I'm here," she tells him.
"The funeral's going to be here in Chicago in two days," he says.
"Alright! I'll be making my way back!" she tells him hanging up.
Shaylynn turns around to hear Jacquelyn crying, then she goes quiet.