Chapter 21 "Be Careful With That One"

Shaylynn still can't wrap her head around that Severide in all his times with other women he finally got caught.
"Shaylynn!" Halstead yelled at her.
"What?" she asks looking at him.
"Shaylynn, you're going to feel like shit in a minute when Kelly tells you the rest!" Beth tells her.
She then takes Ellie and heads downstairs to the kitchen.
"What is it?" Shaylynn asks looking at Severide.
"Hope has breast cancer, stage four," he tells her.
Shaylynn can't believe what she's hearing, "Oh shit! Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" she tells Severide.
"She doesn't have long to live, maybe two weeks," he says.
"Jesus," Halstead says looking at Rosie, "So you now have Rosie?" he asks Severide.
"Yeah," Severide tells him.
Shaylynn shakes her head, "You're still a fucking man whore Kelly Severide!"
Halstead looks at her with a disapproving look, "If you were a guy, I'd punch you right now!" he tells her.
Shaylynn stands in front of him, narrowing her eyes, "Yeah?! Is that right? I'd like to see you try it!" she tells him.
"Watch your language around Jacquelyn!" Halstead tells her.
Shaylynn turns around, ignoring him, "She just handed Rosie over to you?" she asks Severide.
"Yeah, straight after we got the results back from the DNA testing center. I took her to the airport afterwards."
"She's definitely ill?" Shaylyn questions.
"Yes," Severide tells her.
Shaylynn sits down by Severide and takes Rosie from him, "She and Ellie look so much alike," she tells Severide, "Hey Rosie, I'm your Aunt Shaylynn," she tells her smiling.
Rosie looks at Shaylynn trying to figure her out, "I'd be afraid to Rosie!" he says.
Shaylynn looks up and glares at Halstead, "You're not funny, Jay!"
Severide looks at Halstead then too Shaylynn, " Hey, I don't want you two arguing," he tells them.
"It's fine, we enjoy the making up part!" she tells Severide with a shitting grin on her face.
Jacquelyn walks over to Shaylynn and looks at Rosie, "This is Rosie, your cousin."
"Rosie! Rosie!" Jacquelyn says all excited.
Severide laughs as Shaylynn looks around the place, "You can't stay here. This place is a death trap for a toddler!"
"We'll be looking for a new place soon," Severide tells her.
Shaylynn nods at him as she hands Rosie back to him, "I'll go and check on her Highness," she tells Severide as she stands up.
Severide starts laughing making Rosie laugh.

Making her way downstairs to the kitchen, Shaylynn can hear Beth talking.
Walking into the kitchen, she hears Beth say something about Cheetos.
Smiling she shakes her head as she walks further into the kitchen and waits for Beth to finish her call.
Beth finally hangs up, "You're buying shares in Cheetos?" she asks.
"Might as well," Beth tells her.
"Kelly told me everything," Shaylynn tells her.
"So you finally shut your gob and listened to him?" Beth asks.
Shaylynn glares at her, "He's still a man whore! And stop speaking with that Scottish accent!"
"Tut! He might have been before we met but he isn't now!" Beth tells her.
"He'll have me to answer to me if he strays away from you!" Shaylynn tells her.
"He has no reason to, so shut up already! Stop looking out for me!" Beth says.
"Someone has too!" Shaylynn tells her.
"I'm going back upstairs. I need to go through a list to see what I can give Rosie to eat," Beth tells Shaylynn.
Shaylynn looks at her confused, "What list?"
Beth hands Shaylynn the list that Hope gave her as they walked back upstairs to the living room.
Looking it over, Shaylynn can't believe what she's reading.
Shaking her head, she crumbles the list into a ball, "I don't think so!"
Severide looks at her, "We'll need to keep some of the things on it," he tells her.
"The amount of salt and sugar in that food will rot her teeth and give her high blood pressure! I'll give you another list," she tells Severide who's watching Beth kiss Ellie making her laugh, "You'll need help too. There's no way you can look after three kids all under the age of two," Shaylynn tells Beth.
"Don't remind me," Beth tells her.
Shaylynn smiles, "I have the number of a great agency," she tells Beth.
"We better be going," Halstead says as he looks at Jacquelyn who's yawning.
Halstead picks Jacquelyn up, she lays her head on his shoulder as they walk outside to his truck.
The ride home is a quiet one.