Chapter 10 "I've Got This"

After giving a statement and having her hand wrapped, Shaylynn walks out of the building and gets into her Charger.
She pulls away and heads for home.
Watching from a parking lot on what was going down, two guys watch as Jenny's rolled out on a gurney all bloody.
Looking at each other, the driver hurries and speeds out of the parking lot.

~~~~~~~

Shaylynn goes home and gets Halstead's big truck to move his stuff back home.
She drives down West Roosevelt Road until she reaches Rube Street.
She turns so she can reach Interstate 290 West to Aurora.
Driving along she notices that a car has been following for some time.
Speeding up she tries to get away from them but they keep up with her.
Getting closer to the overpass over I-290 and I-94, the two men ram into the back of the truck.
"Call Jay!" she yells over the engine so the system in the truck can hear her.
"Calling Jay," she hears the system say back.
"Hello," Halstead says.
"Jay, I have two guys following me! I think they're trying to run me off the road!" she tells him.
"Where are you?" he asks her.
"I was on Rube Street to get to I-290 West toward Aurora," she says.
"Alright, I'm having some patrol cars that are in the vicinity sent to where you are," Halstead tells her.
The guys pull up on her right side, they ram into her. Shaylynn swerves over and rams into them.
"What's going on?" Halstead asks her.
"They just rammed into me again!" she says.
Handing him a gun, the driver takes it from the passenger. He points it out the window, aims it at the back tires, fires, then rams into her.
This sends the truck into the concrete wall. The truck breaks through, it flips as it falls onto I-94 North below landing on its roof. 

"SHAYLYNN!" Halstead yells when he hears a huge crash with the line going dead

~~~~~~~

Truck 81, Squad 3, Engine 51, Ambulance 61, car accident I-94 North around construction zone near I-290

The trucks speed out heading toward the accident.

~~~~~~~

In the lead is Squad.
Rolling up onto the accident, Severide sees the truck. There's only one person in Chicago who has a Hennessey VelociRaptor.
"What's wrong?" Tony asks when he sees Severide's face.
"That's Jay Halstead's truck!" Severide tells him as Tony stops.
Severide jumps down as Casey runs up to him, "Isn't that Jay's truck?" Casey asks.
"Yeah," Severide says as they both run over.
Both of them get on their knees and look in. That's when they see blonde hair hanging down.
"Fuck! It's Shaylynn!" Severide says standing up, "Capp! Get the jaws!" he shouts out.
Brett and Foster run over with the gurney, "Can you see anything about injuries?" Brett asks Casey.
Casey looks back in, "She has a pretty bad head injury," he tells Brett.
"Can you reach in and feel for a pulse," Foster says.
Severide gives Foster a glare as Capp hands him a pair of safety glasses then the jaws.
"Casey, you need to get out of the way!" Severide tells him.
Casey stands up as Severide puts the jaws near the door opening and starts prying it apart. The door pops open.
Severide puts the jaws down then he and Casey pry open the door the rest of the way.
Getting down on his knees, Severide crawls into the truck. Brett hands in a C-collar to him.
He takes it and puts it around Shaylynn's neck, "You better not die!" he says to her, "Beth has been through enough. You go it will break her!"
Severide gets into a pocket and pulls out a cutter to cut Shaylynn's seatbelt, "Tony! I'm going to need help with her. I don't want her falling after I cut the seatbelt!" he says.
"Coming in!" Tony says as he crawls inside.
"Hold her while I cut," Severide tells him.
Tony holds onto Shaylynn as Severide cuts away the seatbelt as Casey slides in a backboard. Once it's cut, he hurries and puts the cutters away and grabs onto Shaylynn, helping Tony bring her down and lay her on the backboard.
They both strap her on and slide the backboard out of the truck.
Casey, Capp, Cruz, and Ritter pick the backboard up and put it on the gurney.
"Alright, can we hurry and get out of the truck!" Herrmann says, "It could catch on fire at any time!"
Tony crawls out with Severide right behind him.
Severide hurries and gets to his feet rushing over to the Ambulance, "How is she?" he asks Brett.
"Her pulse is weak, her breathing is shallow, and this nasty head wound has me really worried," she tells him as they load the gurney into the back of the ambulance.
"Kelly, since Shaylynn and Beth are cousins go to the hospital. Beth gets wind of the accident she's going to be rushing to Med and you need to be there," Boden tells him.
Severide nods and gets up into the ambulance with Brett.