Chapter 25 "Deeply In Love"

Twenty minutes after Beth leaves Halstead comes home.
While at the District, Severide told Halstead that when Beth texted him she said Shaylynn was in the bedroom so he rushes upstairs.
Opening the doors, Halstead sees her on the bed with their Vow Renewal photo album laying by her feet and tissues all over the floor.
He walks over to the bed and sits down on the side as he rubs his hand along her back.
Shaylynn turns to face him, as soon as she sees his face she starts crying.
Quickly sitting up, she throws her arms around his neck, "I'm so sorry, Jay!" she tells him in his ear as she cries on his shoulder with her wet hair sticking to his face.
Halstead puts his arms around her not wanting to say anything but only wanting to hold her.
"When did you find out you were pregnant?" he asks her a few minutes later.
"A few days ago," she tells him, "I was going to surprise you after work yesterday but then everything happened."
Halstead pulls back and puts his hands on each side of her face, "Shaylynn, I'm deeply in love with you! I would never cheat on you with anyone! There is no one on this Earth worth losing you over!"
Hearing those words, Shaylynn starts crying more, "I know that I truly do! But with my hormones raging and seeing you across from me with some other woman pressing her lips against yours, I lost it!" she tells him as the waterworks continue.
Halstead quickly pushes his lips against hers.
Shaylynn is taken back by the touch of his lips on hers, a touch she thought she would never feel again, that she almost forgets to breathe.
Halstead pulls back to see she's breathing heavily, "Are you alright?" he asks her.
Shaylynn shakes her head 'yes', "Now I know what the saying 'take my breath away' truly means," she tells him.
Halstead smiles at her, Shaylynn puts a hand on his cheek, "God, I love that smile!"
He goes back to kissing her as he slips off his boots and Shaylynn starts undoing his pants.
Once his pants are undone, he stands up to take them off as Shaylynn stands up with him. She grabs the bottom of his shirt and pulls it over his head.
Untying her robe, he pushes it off her shoulders with it dropping to the floor.
Halstead starts kissing her, wrapping his arms around her.
He then starts kissing her neck, "Don't ever leave me," he whispers into her ear as he moves her back toward the bed.

Hours later they're breathing heavily.
Shaylynn lays her head on Halstead's chest, "This is how I want to die," Halstead says.
She lets out a little laugh, "You're like an old Chevy when you're not pregnant and even worse when you are," he tells her.
Shaylynn picks up her head and looks at him, "What does that mean?" she asks him.
"You can keep going and going and never want to stop," he tells her with a smile, "I should be getting back."
Halstead moves the covers and sits up. Grabbing his clothes he starts getting dressed.
Once he has his shirt on he looks at her, "What happened to Christian and Brianna?" he asks.
Shaylynn just stares at him, "Brianna is in critical condition at a hospital in Springfield. Christian, I don't know about him," she tells him.
Halstead gives her a look, "Seriously, I don't know anything about him. I handed him over to Butch and the guys," she tells him.
"Did you burn down the clinic?" he asks.
"The grow lights malfunctioned," Shaylynn tells him.
"Shaylynn," he says giving her another look.
"The grow lights malfunctioned," she tells him again, "Have you forgotten who my best friend is? He can smell arson from a mile away! I know how to make electronics malfunction. One good thing about working with bombs and electronics in the military."
Halstead shakes his head at her, "What am I going to do with you?"
"You could fuck me again," she tells him with a huge smile on her face.
Halstead smiles, bends down, and kisses her, "I need to get back. I've already been gone for," he looks at the clock, "Three hours?!" he says surprised, "I can imagine what Hank is thinking!".
Shaylynn laughs, "I know exactly what he thinks you're doing!"
"It's going to be awkward walking up those stairs," he tells her.
"Come on! He's not that old fashioned! He knows what goes on between a man and a woman. Justin and I weren't brought by the stork," she tells him getting him to laugh.
"I better go," Halstead says bending down and kisses her again, "If you go out, be careful," he says putting his hand on her stomach, "I know how you are! You're hundred times more deadly when pregnant."
Shaylynn glares at him, "See you later tonight," Halstead says as he walks out of the bedroom.
That's when an uneasy feeling flows through her.

~~~~~~

Walking up the stairs to the Bullpen, Halstead sees Ruzek has a huge smile on his face.
"What have you been UP to?" Ruzek asks him knowing very well what Halstead's been doing.
Halstead gives him a glare, Ruzek starts laughing.
"Jay!" Hank yells.
"You're in trouubbblllee!" Ruzek tells Halstead laughing.
Halstead walks to Hank's office, "Yeah," he says.
"Is Shaylynn alright?" Hank asks him.
Halstead walks in and closes the door, Hank looks at him worried, "Yes, she's fine. Her hormones are raging," Halstead tells him.
Hank looks at him confused, "She's pregnant," Halstead says.
A huge smile goes across Hank's face, "It was a cold winter," he tells Halstead who turns red.
Hank starts laughing, "So you two were 'celebrating'?" Hank asks him.
Halstead turns redder, "I should get back to work," he tells Hank opening the door and hurrying out.
Hank continues to laugh with a big smile on his face.

~~~~~~

Shaylynn gets dressed and heads out for the day with Jacquelyn.
Arriving at the park, Jacquelyn runs off to play as Shaylynn sits down on the bench to watch her.
That uneasy feeling is still haunting her. So much so, she keeps her hand in her bag holding onto her gun.
Not once does she take her eyes of Jacquelyn.
When the park starts getting busy, the feeling gets worse.
"It's time to go," Shaylynn yells with Jacquelyn running to her, "How about we go shopping?" Shaylynn asks her.
"Okay Mommy," Jacquelyn says with a smile as they walk to the SUV.
Shaylynn puts Jacquelyn in her car seat and looks over at the other seat thinking about how there will be an infant car seat sitting there.
"I think it's time to redo your room," she tells Jacquelyn while she fastens her straps, "What do you think?"
Jacquelyn quickly shakes her head 'yes', Shaylynn laughs, "What do you want?"
"A castle," Jacquelyn says.
"A castle?" Shaylynn questions.
"Yes," Jacquelyn tells her Mom.
"I'll see what I can do," Shaylynn says then closes the door.

~~~~~~

Driving by Molly's, Shaylynn sees Beth and Kelly's cars.
She pulls over and gets out.
Taking Jacquelyn out of her car seat, they make their way to Molly's.
Shaylynn opens the door and hears a familiar sound she hasn't heard since the trip to Scotland.
Jacquelyn runs over to Beth and climbs up onto the piano bench, sitting down next to her.
Severide looks to his side to see Shaylynn standing there, "Hey," he says to her.
"Hi," she says back to him, "Thanks for what you and Beth did!" Shaylynn tells him.
Severide smiles then puts his arm around her shoulders, "That's what friends are for," he tells her.
Shaylynn smiles at him, he can see it looks like she's getting ready to cry, "Don't you dare," he tells her kissing her on the side of the head, "Did you know Beth could play the piano and sing?" he asks her.
She lets out a little laugh, "Uh, yeah! With you asking me if I know, I take it you didn't?" she asks.
Severide shakes his head 'no', "I'm very surprised by that," Shaylynn tells him looking over watching Jacquelyn with Beth.

~~~~~~

It's the end of the day.
Halstead walks out of the District with Ruzek, "Are you and Shaylynn going to Molly's tonight? I heard Herrmann has brought in a piano and is having a singer," Ruzek asks.
"I'll talk to Shaylynn about it when I get home," Halstead tells him as they walk to the parking lot.
Standing over by the corner of the building, a patrol officer watches Halstead with a scowl on his face.