Chapter 4 "That's My Job"

"What do you mean you want Shaylynn?" Halstead asks Kelton.
Kelton gets a shitty grin on his face, "Just what it sounds like! You're not man enough to have a woman like her!"
Halstead grabs onto Kelton's coat and pushes him against the dumpster almost knocking the pallets onto them, "You stay the fuck away from my wife! Do you hear me you corrupted son of a bitch!"
"I suggest you get your hands off of me or you'll find yourself inside Cook County! Son, I'll have your job for this! I've had other people's jobs for a lot less!" Kelton tells him.
Halstead forcefully lets go of Kelton, "I'll make sure everyone knows what you just told me!" he tells Kelton.
Kelton laughs, "And you think they'll believe you?" he questions, "You think people will believe a crappy Detective over me, the Superintendent of Police? You're nothing!"
Halstead stares at him as Kelton walks back over to the door, "Be a good little boy and leave her! I don't care how you do it, leave her good so I can come in and pick up the pieces!" Kelton tells him walking inside.
The door shuts behind Kelton, Halstead just stares at it.
Halstead pulls out his cell phone, "I have a huge problem!" he says.

Five minutes later, Hank comes walking out.
"What's going on?" Hank asks him.
"It's Kelton! He just told me he wants Shaylynn and that I'm to leave her so he can come in and pick up the pieces!" Halstead tells him.
"I bet it's because of what just happened with the President and the medal!" Hank says, "In his twisted mind he's probably thinking if he has Shaylynn by his side he'll have the election in the bag!"
Halstead stares at Hank, "What am I going to do?!"
"What you're going to do is go back in there and act as nothing has happened. You're going to take Shaylynn, go pick up Jacquelyn, and go home! You let me worry about this now!" Hank tells him patting Halstead on the back.
Halstead nods, they both walk back over to the door and walk in.

They walk in to see no one is in the banquet room but in the other room where drinks were served before the banquet.
Then they both hear Kelton talking. Hurrying over to the room, they walk in to see what he's up to.
Hank walks over and stands by Burgess and Ruzek. As Halstead walks over and stands by Upton and Atwater.
"What's going on?" Halstead asks Upton.
"Kelton received a death threat," she tells him.
Halstead looks at her confused, "He just received a death threat?"
"Yeah, and now he's getting ready to announce something," Upton says.
Halstead shuts up so he can hear what Kelton has to say.
"After receiving the death threat I talked to the SWAT Commander Mr. Brian Luce and he agrees with me that I need to have protection. So from here on out, I'll have a bodyguard.
I don't want just anyone but the best! That's when he recommended Shaylynn for the job!" Kelton says looking over at her.
People start applauding as Burgess looks at Ruzek while Hank stands there not knowing what to think.