Chapter 13 "Crushed"

It's been three days and Shaylynn is finally discharged.
The one thing she hates the most about being in the hospital, other than the stay itself, is being pushed out in a wheelchair.

After finally getting into the truck, Shaylynn and Halstead head for home.
The drive home is quiet.
"Since you've been at the hospital most of the time, were you able to find some time to move your stuff?" Shaylynn asks Halstead.
"No," he says looking straight ahead as he pulls into the driveway.
"Is everything alright?" Shaylynn asks him.
Halstead doesn't answer.  Instead, he gets out of the truck.
Shaylynn opens her door and gets out, "Jay, what's your problem?" she asks.
He pulls something out of his pocket, then the garage door starts going up.
"That's my problem!" Halstead says to her aggressively pointing inside of the garage at the Bugatti.
Shaylynn turns toward the house and starts walking toward it.
"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Halstead yells at her.
"AWAY FROM YOU!" Shaylynn yells back at him.
Halstead runs to catch up with her, getting in front of her making her stop, "What the fuck were you thinking buying that for 19 million dollars and not even discussing it with me?!" he says to her.
"I suggest you pick your words carefully from here on out!" Shaylynn tells him, "Before you end up back on the outside looking in!"
That pisses off Halstead, "You spent 19 million dollars on a car like it was nothing and didn't have the decency to talk to me about it?!"
"I DO NOT have to discuss with you the purchases I make with MY money! That was bought with the money I EARNED!" Shaylynn tells him.
"What the fuck is that supposed to mean? YOUR money that you EARNED?!" Halstead asks her.
"Those guys that I shot that were part of the Scottish Mafia, it seems the Irish Mafia had a bounty on their heads, five million each," she tells him, "When they found out I shot all five I received the bounties! So it's MY money and I'll buy whatever the fuck I want!"
Shaylynn walks past him toward the house, she stops and turns around, "Go back to your one bedroom apartment!" she tells him.
"You're an Assassin!" Halstead tells her, "You bought that car with money you received from killing those men!"
Shaylynn sighs, "MONSTERS! They were monsters! And you can call what I do whatever you want! I don't care!" she tells him, "I'm going to enjoy driving the car with no guilt!" she says looking at him, "Goodbye, Jay."
She turns and walks toward the house, walking up onto the porch leaving Halstead standing in the driveway.
Opening the door, she walks in then closes it behind her. As soon as it's closed she breaks down crying, sitting down on the floor.
"Momma!" she hears.
Shaylynn looks up to see Jacquelyn toddling toward her with her arms stretched out.
Wiping her eyes, Shaylynn puts her hands out to Jacquelyn picking her up.
She sits her down on her lap, "Hello baby girl!" Shaylynn says kissing her on top of the head.
Looking up, Shaylynn sees Mary walking toward them, "Are you alright?" she asks Shaylynn.
"Yes," Shaylynn says lying.
Mary looks out the window then looks back at Shaylynn, "Really?" she questions, "And I'm sure Jay's just fine with the sad look on his face staring at the house like a lost puppy?"
"Mary," Shaylynn says glaring at her.
Mary walks over to her, "Let me have little miss and you go upstairs and take care of you. Why don't you go out tonight and recharge. You've been through a lot and need to have some fun. Now let's go and get you a snack," Mary tells Jacquelyn.
Mary takes Jacquelyn and heads to the kitchen.
Still sitting there, Shaylynn hears the sound of a door then hears Halstead's truck backing out of the driveway.
More tears start making their way down Shaylynn's cheeks.
Standing up, she walks over to the stairs and heads up.

Waking up from a nap, Shaylynn goes into the bathroom to get a shower.
She's going to take Mary's advice and go out tonight.
After her shower, Shaylynn does her makeup. Tonight she's going heavy.

 Tonight she's going heavy