Chapter 11 *~*~*Kaage*~*~*

(*~*~*Kaage*~*~*)

After dinner, Lee Mi and I took our dessert to her room. I don’t know why she has this unexpected change of heart. She all of a sudden wants to be around me. It’s probably because she interested in me and my story.

We sat in silent for a while.

“So are you going to change?” she asked, breaking the once awkward silences.

“Yeah. I am planning to use Akatsuki’s clothes.” I responded taking a spoon of my ice cream.

“Is that the quiet cute boy?” Lee Mi asked. The attention was all on me.

“Yeah.” I shrugged. “He’s not cute”

Lee Mi came closer to me.

“Truth or dare?” she asked.

“What are you getting to?” I questioned, staring at her. What’s with the ‘truth or dare’ business?

“Who would you rather kiss? The pig boy or the quiet one?” Lee Mi answered. I glare at her.

“Why does it matter?” I said, knowing it would be Akinori over Akatsuki, any day.

Lee Mi sighed. “You better get your clothes now.” She replied. She went over to her dresser and picked a dress to sleep in. Once again, she changes the subject. I grabbed both Lee Mi’s and mine bowls of ice cream. Quietly, I left the room to go to the kitchen. I drop both bowls in the sink and full in with water.

After that, I went to the boy’s guest room. I was just about to knock on the door when Akatsuki step out. He closed the door.

“Hi Akat-” I began but then he put his finger lightly on my lips.

“Shh” he said. I nodded.

“The sensei is sleeping so quiet while entering the room. Be careful, Akinori knocked down the lamp so there’s no light in the room. I’m going to get a glass of water. I’ll be right back.” Akatsuki whispered. I nodded again to show that I understand.

He dropped his hand to the side. He let go of the connection of our eyes and left. I walk into the room and shut the door. It was dark, just like he said. The curtains to the room were closed. I didn’t know where I was going.

“Akatsuki? Is that you?” Akinori asked me, from across the room.

“No. It’s me, Kaage.” I said whispering. “Sorry about dinner. I talk to Lee Mi. It won’t happen again.” Akinori was silent. I felt awful. My heart beat faster. What happen if he doesn’t accept my apology?

I decided to move where I heard Akinori. I heard something slip and then I fell. Next thing I know, I was laying on the floor with Akinori breathing on top of me. He was on all four.

Lucky, we didn’t wake the sensei.  We sighed.

“That was a close one.” Akinori whispered. My heart was increasing speed again. To make it worst, Akinori inch closer to me.

“Are you okay?” he asked. I was blushing hard. I’m so happy that it’s dark in this room. I felt Akinori breathing. This would be the perfect moment to kiss.

Then the room door open. Akatsuki was standing before us. It looked as if we were doing something wrong. Akinori and I stare at him. Akatsuki’s glass of water fell. It hit the ground not a moment later. I climbed out from below Akinori and I kept moving until I hit the wall. I was blushing so hard that, just maybe, my face was red.

Everyone was quiet. Akatsuki dropped his head. He headed straight for his suit case and pulled some clothes out. Akinori was trying to explain to Akatsuki but he wouldn’t listen. Akatsuki hand me the clothes. I grab them and ran out of the room as fast as I could go. I didn’t breathe until I was in Lee Mi’s room.

Lee Mi looked at me with shock eyes.

“What happen?” she asked. I press my back against the wall and sided down. My hands covered my face. I was probably still red. That was the worst moment ever! How did that all happen?

I replay everything in my head to help me stop freaking out but I’m still freaking out. Everything felt like it was a dream to me.

Lee Mi came closer to me. “Are you okay?” she questioned. I sighed. Yeah, that was no dream. I can still feel Akinori breathing on me. I can still see the angrier in Akatsuki’s eyes after the whole accident happen.

I growled and bang my head against the wall. Lee Mi watched me in silent. She has given up trying to get to me. I stood up and headed to the bathroom to change. I took a glance at the window. It was raining. It was raining hard. At less something wouldn’t feel awkward before I go to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was reliving my nightmare. I was watching everyone get killed, again. From my aunt to my grandma falling to the ground. From my grandpa to my uncle burning alive. The worst of is all, to complete my nightmare, I watch my dad died, again.

“Kaage! Kaage!” Lee Mi screamed. I woke up, dazed.

“Yes?” I muttered. Lee Mi grabbed my hand. She moved from her bed to the corner where I lay.

 “I’m scared.” She whined. Then there was a lighten sound. Lee Mi trembled. I sat up paying more attention now.

“What do you want me to do?” I questioned, softly. She wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

“Please, come sleep with me.” I was surely awake now.

“Um, sure. Okay.” I responded.

She pulled me into her bed. I lay by the edge. She lay near the wall, shaking.

“Don’t be scared.” I said, trying to help. “Thunder is God burping.” She put my arms around her.

“Is there something I could do to make it less scary?” I asked. Thunder strike again. Lee Mi started to cry. I felt the tears hitting my hand.

“There, there. My sweet child.” I said, patting her. Lee Mi shivered as if she was cold.  I decided to sing a song.

Silent Night, Holy Night. All is calm, All is right.” I singed. She seemed to slowly stop trembling

“Round young virgin of mother and child. Holy enfant so tender and mild. Sleep in heavenly peace.” 

Lee Mi sounded as if she was falling asleep. I smiled. My mom and dad use to sing me this song every night when I was younger. This is my favorite song. I’m glad I could help someone else sleep. “Sleep in heavenly peace. Sweet dream, angel” I said, kissing the top of her forehead.