Chapter 24*~*~*Kenjii*~*~*

(*~*~*Kenjii*~*~*)

“Kenjii, wake up,” The sensei shook me. I looked at him, pretending to wipe my eyes. I wasn’t sleeping. I was fake sleeping but I didn’t want them to know.

“Yeah, I’m awake,” I yawned,

“Hurry up, we got to get moving,” he told me. I nodded. 

"Where's Kaage and Lee Mi?" Akinori questioned. He looked all around.

"Gone," Akatsuki whispered, looking at the ground, disappointed.

"What?" Akinori eyes widen. "What do you mean gone?"

"As in," the sensei cut in. "Kaage and Lee Mi were captured last night. There was a small battle. They threw a sleeping bomb and they got away"  

"Oh my gosh. That poor thing," I said dramatically

I knew what happen last night. I saw it and hear it. I saw Kaage being capture and heard Lee Mi scream. I saw the sleep bomb being throwin' and I was knock out. I could have help her but my emotion really did got the best of me. 

I smiled the whole time, not feeling guilty and I still don't feel guilty. 

"I can save them," the Sensei pointed out. My face drop.

Just when I thought I was in the clear.

"You can?" Akinori smiled.

"Yeah. I'll summon a wolf. With Kaage and Lee Mi stuff here, my friend can sniff them out," The Snesei explained. 

"That's great" Akatsuki added.

Even when she's not here, Akatsuki wants to help her.

Akinori picked up Kaage's and Lee Mi's stuff and put it in the center.

Akinori and Akatsuki gather around the Sensei.

"Kenjii, is something wrong?" Sensei asked, I shook my head. Akatsuki shot a glare at me. I wonder what I did now.

I walked and stopped by the Sensei.

"Watch and learn kids. I didn't want to do this again but this is serious" With that, the sensei bit his pinky and it bleed. He did a couple of hand signs. He drew a circle with is blood then let a blood drop into the circle. A wolf, wearing a blue shirt, arise.

"Hiya Sparky," The sensei said, rubbing his face. The dog frowned.

"Who do you think you talking to to?" The dog questioned. Akinori and my jaws dropped. The wolf can talk? Is this some kind of sick joke? This is impossible!

"Look, sorry to bother you but we got an issues here," the sensei spoke to the dog in a serious tone. The wolf looked at us.

"Before you tell me by my name"

"What?" Sensei face expression change to unbelievable.

"What is so hard, call me by Aphla name." the wolf demanded.

"Miki, I hope you're happy" The sensei muttered as if he was a child.

"Very. Why do I smell half blood?" Miki started sniffing stuff then Akatsuki.

"Reason I called you. You see, I was on a mission when I was attack and lost two important people. The half blood Kaage and Lee Mi, our mission," Sensei explained. 

"Are you talking about the Demon-Wolf Kaage?" Miki asked, shocked, 

Demon-wolf Kaage?

"Yes. Let's us talk in a more private setting... Will you kids?" the sensei asked. We all walked away and sat on the log.

"That wolf can talk. That is crazy! I want a talking dog," Akinori pointed out, I sighed and looked at Akatsuki.

"Hey Akatsuki, do you think we will find Kaage?" I questioned. He didn't answer.

"I wonder what's up with Demon-Wolf Kaage. Could she be a kiler? It sound like a killers name. It's not a great name for a lady. In fact, it's a bad name. No guy will date a girl-"

Akatsuki slapped me mid-way through my sentence. I became in shock.

Akatsuki just slapped me! I don't know how to react. Should I be afraid or turn on by this random act.

"Didn't your mom tell you not to hit a lady!" Akinori pointed out.

"That's not lady," Akatsuki clenched his hands. "That's a cold hearted-"

"What?! What did I do?" I questioned, stopping him from saying that word.  

"You thought you were slick. You thought no one saw you a wake?" Akatsuki muttered.

"What? What are you talking about?" My heart beat fast. He's onto me. 

"You saw everything with your eyes. You saw the person who grabbed Kaage. You could have save her while the Sensei and I were busy fighting! What is wrong with you?!" Akatsuki voice kept getting louder.

Akinori fell to the ground but kept his eyes on me. 

"Kenjii, did you really let Kaage get capture?" Akinori asked.

"I was just starting to wake up. I-" Akatsuki stopped me. 

"You're a lair. You lie so much, you don't even know the truth. You saw it and over something stupid, you decided to let Kaage go. You're hoping she will die.

"How could you be so heartless? Kaage did nothing to you but as the stupid girl you are, you can't stand the fact that there's are girls prettier than you.

"Letting your emotion take control. You're so selfish. You just want all the attention," Akatsuki whispered.

Those words he said cut me like knives all over. How could he think about me that way?

"Oh my gosh," Akinori muttered. I handle my tears back, staring at Akatsuki's face. I sniffed.

"Oh my gosh," Akinori repeated. He walked around it circle. 

"Listen Akatsuki," I started. My voice was shaky. I didn't know how much longer I can hold it. My brakes are going to burst.

"You have to understand, she deserve everything she gets. If she was strong, she would be here along with Lee Mi. This is not my fault.. Look at me. Look at me! I didn't make them attack Kaage and Lee Mi. This is not my fault" 

My eyes were burning and the tears didn't stop. My voice shook the whole time. I'm begging for forgiveness. Even though I still didn't feel guilt. 

Akatsuki stared at the ground, wordless. I sniffed, hoping everything I did work.

Akinori was going crazy on the other side.

This day was getting worst by the second.

"Whatever. Your attempt to pity doesn't work on me. It will never work on me. Put yourself together, for goodness sake. You're a ninja. A stupid one, but a ninja," Akatsuki told me, with those painful words and then he walked away, leaving me to cry.

_-_-_-_-

Aww the poor girl... Not Kenjii! She deserve it! I mean Kaage. You think they're going to find Kaage and Lee Mi or is the mission ruined? Summit your answer on the comment box! ^o^ and while your at it, click that vote button and press the fan button. You know you want to! ;) Yup, have a nice day!