Chapter 16 *~*~*Kaage*~*~*

(*~*~*Kaage*~*~*)

       “So, I heard that we get to hangout longer,” Lee Mi said.

          “Yeah. I’m super happy,” I answered, with a half smile. I put on the same clothes from yesterday. That’s all I got. The only things that I brought were my headband, my kunais and a picture of my dad. It was bury deep in pocket.

          I folded Akatsuki’s clothes. I need to remember to thank him.

          “Hey Kaage, can you help me pack my dolls?” Lee Mi asked.

          “Sure. Why not?” I replied. Lee Mi handed me a suitcase. “Put these dolls in that,” She ordered, pointing to the shelve full of dolls. All those dolls? I sighed.

          Then there was knock on the door. It caught Lee Mi and me off guard.

          “Come in,” Lee Mi said, picking up the rest of her clothes. The door knob turned, after a minute of hesitation, and the door creak open. Akatsuki’s face slowly popped in. Lee Mi glared evilly at him.

          “What do you want?” The door opened wider and he scratched the back of his head. He looked up.

          “Can… Can I talk to you?” Akatsuki said, looking directly out me. I confirmed it after looking around like an idiot.

          “Uh… Sure” I stood up, bring his clothes with me and followed him out the door.

          “Here,” I said, handing him his clothes once we were standing in the hallway and Lee Mi’s door closed. He looked at me. I mean, he seriously looked at me. Not like everyone else who would look through you but really at me. It made me blush.

He moved in closer and took my clothes in my hand. Our hands brush against each other.

“Thanks,” Akatsuki muttered.

“No, thank you,” I corrected him. It got quiet between us after that. I leaned back against the wall and relax.

“Is there something you wanted to talk about?” I questioned.

Suddenly, Akatsuki banged his fist on the wall above my head. I was startled violently by this action and my eyes widen.

“Sorry?” I whispered, now wanting to leave.

“No, no. You did nothing. I’m sorry,” Akatsuki explained. I nodded my head weakly at him. I slowly started to move away from him until I was in the room. I didn’t breathe until I was in the room.

I shut the door and sighed heavily. That scene was an epic fail. What just happen?  Why did Akatsuki punch the wall behind me? What could have possible possess him to suddenly feel so angry? Could last night still be bothering him? If so, then why?

I stared at the door in silent, trying to create answer to these unknown questions.

“I finished!” Lee Mi pronounced. I forgot she was here. I turned to look at her. She had a backpack full of her dolls on her back and a pink suitcase next to her. She looked like an explorer or a traveler.

“You look cute,” I commented. Lee Mi giggled. She already knew that was true.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lee Mi’s mom kissed her again.

“Stop it mom!” Lee Mi urged. Akinori laughed a little and Kenjii smiled. It’s quite funny to watch a little girl get babied by their mother.

Akatsuki was already outside, holding Lee Mi’s suitcase. He was pretty annoyed; probably because he hates this job.

“Well, we better get going,” Sensei said. Lee Mi escape her mom and came by my side. We all started toward the door. I was just about there when Lee Mi’s mom pulled me back and whispered something in my ear.