Chapter 28 *~*~*Kenjii*~*~*

(*~*~*Kenjii*~*~*)

Once again we were on the move. This mission was getting harder. Beside the drama between the boys and I, it becoming physically harder. 

They were smarter than we thought. They lied traps everywhere, we each fell into one trap. 

Example, we hit the trail, that Miki said, had the strongest smell of the road ninjas so we followed it. We ended up running around in circles until Akatsuki realize that we were trap in an illusion. We wasted fifteen minutes of search time.

Another thing happen, when we were on a break, Akinori went to the bathroom and didn't return after the break was over. We went looking for him. It turn out that Akinori mind paralzyed. He thought he was been following us but he's been passed out on the floor, foaming from his mouth. Lucky, it wasn't life threating. We have no idea how it got into his system.

The third time, Akatsuki heard something moving around in the bush and he threw his kunai. Posion gas spill everywhere. We ran out of there but the poison gas was strong. It could have killed us. Instead, we end up having to stop down and made us want more water. We end up having to stop in town to refill our bottles and use Kaage's medenince, that she bought. Lucky, we brought both her's and Lee Mi's bag.

The fourth time, we were jumping trees and there was oil on the branch. I slipped and fell. I cut myself all over the branches and landed in a pit fill with oil and alochol. My cuts burned and couldn't climb out of the muddy pit. Lucky, we had roped and bandages. 

The next time, it was the sensei. He hit a wire because he wasn't paying attention. A paper bomb went off. It only burned a small part of his arm but it was still serious so had to stop. 

Each time we had to stop, we wasted time. It was only the first day of search and all we did was, the forest we were in, a small village and a east side of this forest. What they accoplish in one night, we going are to end up accoplishing in days.

The sun went down and we decided to stay hidden in the forest. It was cold out. We spented most of our time in front of the fire.

"This is terrible," Miki sighed, pulling his blanket more up.

"That we are not there yet but becuase we fell into so many traps in one day?" The Sensei questioned.

"Both" Miki answered.

"Okay everyone, Ramen's ready!" I told them.

Akatsuki and Kaage got some before she disappeared. Lee Mi's mom packed bowls so everyone had one.

I handed everyone a bowl. They started eating as soon as possible. They must of been hungry. We barley ate today.

"Wow Kenjii, this great," Sensei commented.

"Thanks," I said.

"Do you boys agree the food is good?" Sensei asked.

Akatsuki continued to eat and Akinori nodded.

"Thanks Kenjii. This food hits the spot," Miki added. I nodded and smie.

I'm still having a hard time trying to connect with the boys. I messed up big time. Before I felt nothing about it but now it's eatting me away. I mean, I still despise Kaage but this is a mission and emotions is not important when you're a ninja. Beside, what's the point of doing something that would make you feel better if everyone hates you?

"Look everyone, I'm sorry and for real this time. I was stupid and angry over nothing. Now I let our  teammate get taken away along with the mission," I told them 

"Kenjii, you don't have to make a speech" Akinori said. 

"I forgive you and so has the sensei"

I looked at Akatuski. He was staring at his bowl. He didn't believe me and I wasn't surprise. 

"Anyway, everyone to their blankets. It's time to sleep," the Sensei told us. We did as we were told.

I don't know if it was because the boys didn't want to talk to me or becuase I'm tired of the mission but I felt as if I need to change, until this mission is done. Akatsuki will still always mean the world to me. I'm going to need to change so he'll stop being mad at me.