Chapter 38*~*~*Akatsuki*~*~*

(*~*~*Akatsuki*~*~*)

I got up and stand over Kaage. It was the next morning after she got recuse. I haven't once relax, until now. She's wearing my long sleeve shirt and boxer. It had blood on it. She haven't change since the night she was kidnapped. She was all curled up in a ball. It look so childish. It was cute. 

I wanted to comb my fingers through her hair. I want to hug her and tell her how much I missed her. My heart beats harder when I see her. I, sometimes, wish it never happen. It's hard to concerate when she's around.

"You're up early," Sensei said. I looked at him.

I could have sworen everyone was sleeping when I got up. 

"Hey Sensei," I muttered, moving away from Kaage. 

"So you like Kaage?" Sensei pointed out. I didn't answer him. He knew the answer.

"I'm taking the blushing and silence as a yes"

He rolled his blanket together.

Today, in a few hours, we wil be home. I'm not sure if I'm excited or not. 

I look back at Kaage. She was sleeping so peacefully. 

"You really, for once in your life, like a girl"

I wish the Sensei would shut up about it. I don't want to talk about it with him. Why can't he pick up on the hints?

I moved to my things, avoiding eye contact with Sensei. He came up to me anyway and hugged me.

"Look Akatsuki, I'm sorry about everything. I'm sorry I couldn't save your dad. I'm sorry but, regardless of how much you miss him and want he to return, He can't. I just wanted you to know that you always been a son to me and you can talk to me," he whispered into my ears. 

I was shock. One, Sensei never told me that he knew my dad and was there and two, he called me son. 

"How-how you know him?" I asked.

"I was on that mission when he died. I can't tell you everything but he died trying to complete the mission. Missions were the only thing he cared about. He died burning in fire. Like I said, I can't tell you everything but he was strong headed at that point of the mission. I warned him to don't go in there but he was so stupid. I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to stop him," Sensei explained, crying. He hugged me tigher.

At first, I was silented and with my head down but then, I hugged him back. I'm just glad I finally learned how he died and waht people meant when they said I'm just like him. 

"Thank you, Father," I whispered. 

                                                                         *~*~*~*

We were back in the villages within two hours. It was a long walk but it was worth it. When we entered, Sensei gave us orders to meet in town hall in an hour. We had to take pictures. We all agreed and when our seperate ways. 

I headed home right away.

Akimi was seating outside the house, alone. She looked bored. I stopped ten feet away from her. 

"What's with the face?" I smirked.

Akimi ran to me.

"Akatsuki, Akatsuki!" She screamed, hugging me.

"How are you?" I asked. I never realize how much I miss her when I leave. 

"Not good." she muttered, suddenly getting serious. I went down to her level.

"Mom's mad at me because today, I told her that I want to become a nurse. She said nothing better than being a ninja and she freaked out on me," she told me.

Akimi remind me so much of Lee Mi even though Akimi's older.

I poked her in the chest.

"Follow your heart. No matter how people may want you to live your life. It's life and you should be able to do what makes you happy," I answered and she smiled.

Suddenly, Akimi burst into tears.

Did I say something wrong? "What is it?" I questioned, worried.

She sniffed.

"You remind me so much of dad," she cried then she gave me a hug. "I miss you daddy"

I hugged her back, speechless.

Mom came outside after a while. Akimi let go from me and wiped the tears away before mother could see.

"Akatsuki," Mom started. I nodded.

"Mission was complete successfully" She always wants to know.

She nodded back. She was about to walk away when I stopped her.

"Mom, don't be mad at Akimi for following her heart. You know dad would have want it. You're being too tough on her" She kept on shiver where she stood. "Also mom, stop being so cold toward us. You're hurting us"

I know Akimi eye widen and was staring at me. I could feel it.

Mom said nothing and just walked away.

Akimi didn't talk until she disappeared into the house.

"You shouldn't have done that!"

I shrugged. "I was just following my heart"

Akimi started to laughed.

"I miss you. Not only pysically but the happy Akatsuki I once knew. I'm glad you're back"

I picked up my stuff and walked to the house.

"I'm glad to be back" I smiled

_______________________________________________

Sibling intrecation is so cute! Vote. Comment. Fan!