Chapter 29 *~*~*Kaage*~*~*

(*~*~*Kaage*~*~*)

The metal door open once more. Sugar has entered with wood. It looks as if he was going to build a fire in this place. He set the wood and lighted it up.

"Are you cold?" Sugar asked Lee Mi. She didn't respond but he gave her a blanket anyway. She didn't flinch, just accepted.  

"Is that better?" he tired again but she just wouldn't talk. 

I didn't blame her. After all this craziness, we are left speechless. I mean, mostly after I got beaten up but still. 

Sugar moved over to me. "Does that still hurt?" He asked me. I nodded. He pulled out rubbing alcohol and bandages from him bag. He rolled my left leg's leggings up and pass some alcohol on the cut. It burn but I didn't flinch. He cleaned up all the blood than added the bandages. 

"At less your leg isn't broken," he commented. He gave me water. I shook it in my mouth and spit it out. The swelling will start to go down now. 

He lift my shirt a bit and look at my bruise. 

"Its purple," he said, putting an ice pack on it, 

"Sugar..." I started.

"My name is not Sugar. My name is Yuki," the child told me in a serious voice.

"First off, if your name is Yuki, why do they call you Sugar?" I asked.

Sugar/Yuki shrugged his shoulders and said, "According to them, I'm too soft. I'm like sugar" He went on and attended the ramen. 

"Why are you being so nice to us? You know you could get in trouble for that, right? " I questioned. 

It wasn't that I didn't graceful for his action but I didn't want him to get in trouble.

"Well I hate this stupid club/mafia thing. It's stupid. I never want to be in this to begin with, I wanted to stay home with my mom but no. Daddy always has to have it his way," he explained.

Yuki took off his hat he's been wearing all day. "You guys want ramen, right?"

I look at Lee Mi.

"Lee Mi, do you want some?" I asked. She nodded her head quietly.

We were both hungry. We hadn't eaten today yet.

I gave Yuki the approval.

He continued work on the ramen.

"Point is," he started. "I'm not a cruel person. Not like the rest of them. I'm kind. People usually don't fear me. I'm okay with that though. I don't want to make people be afraid of me."  

Yuki came back over to me and remove the ice pack. 

"Here's some tablets. They will help you get stronger and heal quicker." 

He gave one to Lee Mi  and one to me. Then covered me in a blanket.

He also put a bandage on Lee Mi's cheek. 

"Yuki, how old are you?" I asked. 

"Ten. In a few days I'll be Eleven," he answered.

"Wow, you're young," I commented. 

"But not like Lee Mi. She's only five years old. Poor thing, barley in the world for five years and she been hurt a lot," Yuki pointed out. Lee Mi didn't say anything. I decided it was time to change the subject.

"Is that Ramen ready? I'm hungry," I questioned. 

"Should be. I'll check" 

Yuki goes to check on the ramen. 

"Lee Mi, are you okay?" I muttered so Yuki won't hear. 

"I'm fine. My arms are killing me though," she whispered back. 

"Yuki, you think you could let us go?" I smiled. 

I knew the answer but it's worth a shot. 

"As much as I want to, I don't want to die," Yuki replied. I nodded.

Yuki pulled out three bowls and set the ramen. He took one of the bowls to Lee Mi and fed her. 

"Please don't hate me. I'm just scared," Yuki muttered.

"You don't need to be scared. If you set us free, we can take you and your mom somewhere safer," I told him. 

"my mom is dead but that an idea sounds great. Maybe tomorrow night" Yuki said.

"Your mom is dead?" I pointed out. 

We only been talking a couple of minutes, and we are slowly getting somewhere to be friends.

"Yeah, dad killed her. Said she was in the way," Yuki explained. 

He sigh and gave Lee Mi another spoon full of ramen.

"I miss her. She was the only one who cared for me"

I nodded. We both watch Lee Mi silently and when he finish feeding her, he fed me. 

It was then that I notice that he had light brown hair, his blue eyes, and pale skin color. He wore baggy clothes. He has a scar under his left eye. It was one of those scars that you would have to be close up to see.

He was skinny and fragile looking. He wasn't going to survive here much longer. All I wanted to do was help him. He's miserable here. I just want to pat his head and tell him everything going to be alright. I want to save him. 

I chew on my food silently. Lee Mi has already fell asleep.

"I didn't quite get your name," Yuki pointed out.

"Kaage. Yes, it's a boy name," I answered. He nodded.

"Well it's about time for me to get in my post. My brother should be coming soon," he warned me.

After I finish my ramen, he stuck the bowls in his bag and remove all the garbage. He move the pot in the darkest corner of the room. He sat close to fire, pretending to be cold.

Not a second later, the door open again.

The thought of the door opening made me angry. It remind me that I still don't know where I am!!

Bites walked in and goes toward Yuki. Yuki was just eating his ramen, being aloof. Bites glared at him.

"What is it brother?" Yuki asked.

"Don't play stupid with me. You fed the prisoners," Bites said.

He's not as stupid as he looks... 

He pulled out a chain and wiped Yuki with it. Yuki screamed from the pain. 

"Stop!" I pleaded, trying to get up and help him. 

Bites looked at me and came at me. With one huge swing, he knocked me out and I was seeing stars.