Beach Bums - Molly4TW

Title: Beach Bums

Author: Molly4TW

Genre: Teen Fiction/Romance

Summary: Emma Johnson was a backpacking nomad at heart. Ever since she was a baby, she had being exploring the world with her parents. But when her Mom announces big news, they all head back to the U.S.A., leaving Emma dreading her summer.

Then Ethan Hills and her become friends. Emma slowly realizes her summer may not be as bad as she thought. With a friend by her side teaching her how to play video games and learn to surf, things perk up. But when her parents decide to move to another foreign land, Emma watches her world suddenly shatter.

"Hey, Johnson!" Ethan called, waving his arms like crazy.

We had agreed to meet at Bath Tub Beach at eight P.M., and although the night covered us, we had our bathing suits on. I ran over, laughing because he looked like a complete pyscopath.

"Hey, Ethan."

"Get in," he said, tapping the hood of his old mustang. "We're gonna go someplace."

I shrugged and slid in, slamming the door after me. He smelt exactly like the leather seats and lemon car freshener. After starting the car and driving along the beach, Ethan asked,

"So, Johnson. Where do you want to go?"

I grinned, laying my head back on the headrest. It was time to go to our secret place. "To the moon."  

My view:

First of all, more to a side note than anything, I adore the cover and the title. I think it is utterly brilliant and incredibly clever, especially in relation to the story. 

Don't even get me started on the summary itself. It literally made me want to read on and on. I really enjoyed just that starting point, the extraction promising so much for the story to come.

I won't lie, despite the fact that the cover, summary and title caught my attention, when I saw that it was yet another teen fiction/romance story, I inwardly groaned. Not another one! 

But as I read on through the first chapter, I realised just how promising this author is. She has true talent in every aspect of writing. She artistically paints a beautiful image with her words and ti's more like you see the world, rather than just reading and picturing it. 

When I'm reading things, even published books, I can sometimes see just how much the author's are struggling to give the right amount of information about certain thinga. But this author didn't seem, from an outside look, to have this problem. She gave the perfect amount of description and detail - including the finer details that so many other writers seem to miss, including places, dates and times. Brilliant.

I saw no mistakes during the only chapter available, from grammar to punctuation - and no over emphasis on words in the annoying way.

Out of ten? Eight.