When It Rains - ConstantSound

Title: When It Rains

Author: ConstantSound

Genre: Fantasy

SummaryBOOK ONE OF THE ELEMENTAL SERIES. All River ever knew was her forest home. When a myserious man claiming to be the element's new guardian comes along, River has hopes he'll take her to the human world. Everything she has ever known is about to be questioned as she realizes that her whole life has been a lie. Earth isn't everything she'd hoped and the only person she has to depend on is the same person who betrayed her. And what is with this girl she keeps dreaming of? All River knows is that life will never be the same for her again.

My view:

I found myself baffled by this story and confused. I have no idea whether I like it or or not. All in all... it's possibly the most weirdest written story I've come across before. I know I use 'One-of-a-kind' a little more often than I should, but the truth is, this really is very unique. Not just the plot itself - but the writing too!

A very rare, very special story with an artistic flare to the writing, one that definitely had me reading more and more - I found myself hooked, without even getting halfway through the first chapter. And all through the other chapters, this totally unique voice doesn't change or alter - it remains the same - oddly written, but fluid and addictive.

Definitely a good read, but it might take some patience. I had to re-read a few lines more than once due to the confusing way of writing. But definitely a good, strong plot and a very interesting idea.

 Out of ten? Seven.