Too Good To Be True - Erin_Ward

Title: Too Good To Be True

Author: Erin_Ward

Genre: Fanfiction/Romance

Summary: Erin Ward. An outcast, a loser. Her life has been a living hell ever since she had been going to school with Ava, the school hottie and head cheerleader. After years of being bullied by her, she's had enough. Then on her first day of Secondary school she run's into Zain, a 'Bradford Bad Boi' who is new to the school and is already turning out to be one of the 'Popular guys'. But when Erin ends up in the hospital will he finally see that Ava is just manipulating him or will he be on Ava's side? The school year is already off to a bad start and Erin is willing to do anything to turn it around.

My View:

My first reaction was 'ugh' - I'm not a 1D Hater, in fact my best friend is obsessed with them to it would be impossible for me to be one, but I'm not a hater either. I'm just not a big fan of reading fanfictions.

From reading the summary, just to start off with, I found myself repeatedly shouting 'cliche' mentally. Everything about this is cliche. Cliche, cliche, cliche. Argh! It's infuriating.

But, I did try to read it. And I kept reading until I got to the end of the five chapters.

The writing, in all honesty, is a little childish. I have no idea how old the author is, so maybe she's young - and if she's not, she should start improving her writing skills.

It's not necessary bad writing, but the descriptions and whatnot feel very flat and dull, it feels very... unnatural. It's like watching a bad actress or actor, watching the way that they act around the others and how they say they're lines - it feels fake, right? That's what this was like.

As I said, it's not bad, it's just not very good. I genuinely believe that with some re-shaping, it could be an easier read, but at the stage that it's at now, it needs some serious work - maybe the author should look for an editor to help her perfect it.

Out of ten? Two.