As Black As Snow - MusicQueen2016

Title: As Black As Snow

Author: MusicQueen2016

Genre: Fantasy/Romance

Summary:  She's always been abused by her stepparents. He's always been abused by his master. They were meant to be together, but they're worlds apart. Literally. Raine runs away from the hellhole she's been raised in in hopes of a better future. Hayden has been ordered to drag her back to "where she belongs." He's been condemned to follow his mistress's order because of the simple mistake he committed in front of the completely wrong person. Hayden's fate now lies in Raine's hands. For he has been cursed and won't be released from it, until he finds the love of his life, who is destined to stay with him forever. And that one girl is scared to enter the dark world that he's been raised in.

My view:

I found that the title and summary was pretty interesting, definitely interesting enough to have caught my attention and made me actually want to read on. It is, of course, not the most original thing I’ve read in the world, since there are quite a few slightly similar sounding stories running amuck around Wattpad, but this here was actually alright.

There were a few tiny spelling mistakes here and there but the biggest problem was the capitalizing. Not in the usual way that I have a go about, but in another way. Because this author makes another, just as annoying mistake.

“Hello! My name’s Nora!” she said.

Should be:

“Hello! My name’s Nora!” She said.

And this:

“Hello! My name’s Nora.” she said.

Should be:

“Hello! My name’s Nora,” she said.

So, you see, when you have a question mark or an exclamation mark, then it should be a capital after the closing ” speech marks. Okay? But if there is none, don’t do a full stop, not if you’re going on to say ‘she said’ because it should be a comma.

Struggling hard now not to make a rude joke on ‘she said’.

Moving on.

Anyway, the story itself is actually a good read. I do recommend it because it gets better the more you read.

Out of ten? Six.