28. S-A-M

Jim arrived back in the room with Sam. "Jim, I had to phone by the way. It was in my pocket and it survived luckily. I just need to unlock it. Can you please tell me the password?" Sam asked. Jim smiled slightly and shook his head. "Not yet. Has the doctor come back?" Jim said. Sam shook her head. They could both feel the tension and worry between them. "I want it so badly to be okay Jim. Honestly, it's become apart of me and I love it. I can't lose it." Sam sighed and briefly patted her stomach. Jim smiled and sat next to her. "Me too Sam." He put his hand on her stomach and said,"I should've realised. Your much bigger than you used to be." Jim sighed. Sam grabbed his hand and held it there. It felt good to know that Jim was happy about this.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. The doctor came in and said,"Hello you two. Now, in going to take you, Sam, to have an ultrasound. We'll see from there if your baby is okay. Daddy can come too! " the doctor said cheerfully. Jim looked at Sam and time his eyes. 'Daddy can come too. Seriously?' He thought. Sam shook her head and the doctor helped her up into a wheelchair. Jim stood awkwardly not knowing what to do. "Okay. If you'd both follow me." The doctor said smiling.

Jim hurried over to Sam and pushed her through the corridor and to the ultrasound room. They went inside and Jim helped Sam onto the bed. The doctor put his gloves on and applied the gel onto Sam's stomach. He then used the ultrasound to check the baby. Jim frowned through the process. He was really freaked out by this. But he was also amazed. He held Sam's hand and gave her a reassuring smile because she looked scared. The baby showed up on the screen. Sam frowned and so did Jim. The doctor moved the x ray and pointed to the screen. "You see that?" He asked them. They both nodded. "That's your little baby's heart, and I can assure you, that your child is very lucky to be alive. Congratulations." The doctor said happily. Sam looked at Jim with relief and Jim smiled and grabbed her hand tighter. Sam looked back at the baby and began to tear up. The doctor smiled and said, "I'll leave you two alone for a free minutes. I understand you may want some privacy."

Once the doctor was gone, Jim said,"I knew he'd be okay." Sam let out a small laugh. "He'd?" Jim nodded. "I feel bad calling it, 'it'." Sam nodded. "He it is then. For now." She laughed. Jim smirked at her and leant down to kiss her. "We are going to be just fine. Once you're out the hospital, we will be fine. We'll go to a spare mansion of mine and we'll be safe from anyone else. I promise, I won't let you down Sam." Sam smiled and kissed him back.

***

Later that day, Sam was sitting up in her hospital bed and Jim was reading the newspaper. Someone suddenly came in and Sam and Jim looked up. "Hello dear." It was Mycroft. "Mycroft?" Jim and Sam said simultaneously. "Ahh, Jim Moriarty." Mycroft said eyeing him. "I heard about the fire. So sorry. Are you okay? Good. Sam, have you unlocked it yet?" He asked her. Jim shifted in his seat when he realised what it was he was talking about. Sam shook her head. "No matter." Mycroft said spotting the phone on the table. He walked over to it and picked it up. "Sherlock has told me what it is Jim. Quite clever really. No one would've expected that because no one ever gets to you. Well, not anymore." Sam frowned. "Jim?" She said. Jim got up and snatches the phone away from Mycroft. "Don't you dare unlock it. Its not even for you. Its for Sam. She has to be the one to unlock it. Not you. Its not even top secret. I lied to you. I suggest you go away before I plan a terrorist attack on bloody Buckingham Palace!" Jim said getting angry. Mycroft scowled at him and left slamming the door after him.

Jim turned to Sam. "Sam, I want you to unlock it. Love me or hate me after this, but I had to let you know. Because once I fell in love with you, I had to give it to you, because I felt sorry for you that you didn't know anything about it." He said. He handed her the phone. "Okay... What is the password then?" She said. "S-A-M." He said. Sam types the letters but stopped before she pressed M. "Its me?" She asked. Jim nodded. Sam smiles before typing in the last letter. It unlocked and Sam handed it back to Jim. Jim shook his head and pushed it back to her. "Read it. All of it. I'm sorry Sam." He said before leaving.

Sam frowned and read the top line.

'Termination of Mr and Mrs Daniels.'

Sam's eyes were wide and her mouth hung open. She couldn't believe what she was looking at...