Ch@pter 36

"Koga!" Both Sky and Kagome exclaimed as he fell down into the abyss of miasma, unconscious.

Inuyasha commanded them to get out while he gets Koga.

"Let me come with you!" Sky insisted only to be flicked on the forehead by one and only Inuyasha.

"You are in no position to talk here! I'll deal with you once we are out of here " Inuyasha said that prompted Sky to be timid and silent and hence everyone complied to the proposed tactics and got out while Inuyasha jumped down the pit to save Koga.

Kagome was clearly on edge but fully trusted Inuyasha to be out and fine along with Koga. Sure enough both came out.

"Kagome!"Inuyasha sounded surprised for some reason.

"Kagome?!" Koga exclaimed as well "Oh, Sky too!"

They both landed on the ground safely.

"I wondered where you ran off to after dealing with the Zombie." Koga continued while heading towards the girls standing. 

"Well we are glad to see you alive" Sky commented. Kagome nods in agreement.

"Look at you all close and friendly." Inuyasha mutters.

"Shut up, dog-face!" Koga retorts.

Both of them quarreled a little before Inuyasha abruptly stopped and ran off to somewhere. Others followed him worried what it might be.

"Sesshomaru!" Inuyasha exclaimed.

"So you managed to live" Sesshomaru mocked Inuyasha. The gang stopped just behind the hanyou.

"What are you doing here?" Inuyasha questioned ignoring his snide remark.

"It seems like Naraku wanted to kill someone else more than you… It must be that woman he just killed" Sesshomaru commented as his eyes darted further behind Inuyasha and on Sky, who sternly returned the gaze.

Sesshomaru broke the eye contact and looked down at the bow. Inuyasha followed his vision to recognize Kikiyo's bow.

"Kikyo's.." Inuyasha painfully said "Naraku...killed her?" He asked again as if in shock "You died before me, again… Where are you now? Who are you with now?"

Sesshomaru then turns to leave, Jaken followed his suit.

"Hold it right there!" Inuyasha commanded "And you did nothing but watch Kikyo get killed?!" Inuyasha asked his brother.
There came no reply. Sesshomaru just kept walking.

"I said hold it right there!" Inuyasha screamed again.

"It's really hard to believe that we are related," Sesshomaru stopped and faced Inuyasha "the one who had killed Kikyo was Naraku… And the one who couldn't save her is you. Inuyasha… It's your fault." The demon finished leaving the younger speechless as he turned away and resumed walking.

"That makes you both more alike!" Sky retorted instead with a balled fist. Anger was at its peak right now. Sesshomaru stopped, again, but didn't turn look at the human girl.

"How dare you insolent..." Jaken dutifully began but was cut off.

"Reaching late and failing the one you love the most, doesn't sound new to me!" Sky sneered.

Something snapped inside Sesshomaru. As he turned a gust of his aura is sent towards her.

"Sky!" Everyone exclaimed as the demon's aura hit her and she disappeared in smoke of dust.

When the smoke cleared everyone saw Sky all fine with her arm slightly bruised as she used it to protect herself.

"Don't.." Sesshomaru finally spoke up "don't you dare!" His eyes began to turn red.

Inuyasha took a stance to fight. What ever Sky said hit a nerve of his. But what did she exactly mean by it? Inuyasha mused.

Sesshomaru furiously looked at Sky who just stood there as if nothing bothered her. It pissed him off. His inner demon wanted to rip her insides out and tried to take over but something stopped him from making a move. Something 'blue'.

*******

Hey there! I hope you liked this part. I tried. I hope it's fine.
Do vote and comment if you liked it or have any kind of feedback. All is appreciated.
Love you all!
See you soon!