Prologue

"Fa-Father?" The little girl sobbed. She stretched her hands asking to be picked up in safe arms. She was shaken, shaken from the event that unfolded itself in front of her. Her silver hair wet from tears and stained with blood, the blood of her mother.

The man scrunched his nose. His face wearing an emotionless mask. His intense amber eyes staring the little figure with a straight face. The child that recently learnt to walk properly, the three-year-old who had to see things that tormented even the grown ups.

She moved forward to be held but he sent her a glare. "fa-"

"I'm not related to this coward" He cut her off. The wind blew causing his royal silk white kimono to sway.

"I.." She sobbed. The two silver-haired stood there. The place stank of death. The girl was scared and was terrorised beyond wits due to her father's rejection to accept her as his daughter. "mother asked me to... I was scared..." She tried to reason but the man paid no heed. He turned away from her and began to walk towards the massacred village.

She took a step to follow him but he sent her a deathly glare warning her of his anger. Fresh tears fell from her amber eyes. Her features identical to the man except for the markings. She had none.

"You are not worthy of the blood that runs through your veins, you are not worthy to be related to me." The man said, his monotone voice showing signs of anger "Never show me your face, EVER AGAIN," He spat with anger and lashed his poison whip at her. She dodged just in time but couldn't keep balance and fell.

"Pathetic human," He said before disappearing into the village.

She stood there, on the outskirts of the village. Tears streaming down her face. She was abandoned. Alone. Just because she was weak. Just because she was scared. Just because she was only human.

'I'll prove to you, father' She promised. She wiped her tears 'And you'll be proud'.

And so the girl walked the opposite direction to where the demon walked.

*********

Thanx for the read. Do comment and vote. Love ya!