Chapter 18

"Kellin, what do we do?" Justin asked from beside me. I just stared at the ground below, subconsciously wishing it would rise so we could just step on it and there'd be no thinking involved.

I was definitely the strategist here, normally my brain would be able to form a plan instantly after assessing the situation but for no matter how long I looked at the circumstances or thought through possibilities nothing came to mind that would work for us.

I looked side to side at the other guys, to see if any ideas had sprung to their minds but all of them appeared just as clueless as I did. There was that and the fact they were all completely terrified of being caught at any second.

I was becoming more frantic by the second, all of us filled with panic. My thoughts were only heading in one direction as I made eye contact with Jack. He looked at me curiously then once he read my facial expression his eyes widened.

"Kellin, don't you dare...," he began saying but before he could finish I had already recklessly jumped off the ledge, falling at an incredible speed, arms flailing.

I wasn't thinking about what I was doing, the last thing I could've been thinking about was that after seeing my stupid act that would give the guys the confidence to then copy my move and jump too. I forgot that they'd do it too if I did it, that they'd get hurt too if I got hurt.

Soon enough we were all whizzing down, cutting through the air. I began regretting it more and more as the ground came into more focus and we were getting closer and closer to it.

"Kellin, if we die I'll kill you!" Jack shouted at me but I laughed it off nervously as I collided with the ground.

The amount of pain that I felt wash over my body in that moment where I crashed into Hell's surface was indescribable. Each and every cell in my body killed and I would've rather have died instead of carried on living to endure the pain of falling that great distance.

We were all sprawled on the floor, groaning in agony. The first person I saw was Gabe and then I remembered he had already broke his leg and I felt all the guilt all over again but now I had to bare the guilt of four people being injured at my fault.

Then there was also Mike who'd had to suffer a lot of torture and punishment so he was no better off either. Justin, Jack and I were all just worn out and exhausted. The events of today were just getting worse and worse.

Justin and Jack were the first to their feet, parts of their bodies bending in ways they shouldn't, myself soon trying to stand up too. Justin, even though he was having trouble himself, went straight to Gabe and put his arm around him to try and get Gabe to walk along side him. Jack assisted too by guiding Gabe with his arm around the other side of him.

I went to Mike and helped him up, every single touch hurting him. I bit my lip to suppress the pain but nothing seemed to be working but nevertheless we staggered towards the Boxes.

"Kellin, what were you thinking?" Justin gritted through his teeth. He seemed madder than I expected him to be which surprised me although I was getting more and more suspicion when his grip on Gabe tightened.

"What was the worst that was going to happen, huh? We die?" I jeered, not accepting to answer anymore questions, I felt bad enough as it was. From then on we just walked in silence.

We were probably about half way to the Boxes when the wind picked up. We all stopped and looked around, hoping it was nothing but the fact we all felt the wind get stronger meant it was definitely something. The weather never changes in Hell, there's practically no weather. The only cause would be the Sins.

"They're here," I whispered to myself, desperately wishing I was wrong. No such luck came my way.

"You're right, here we are," I heard Way's voice from beside me but when I turned to look there was no one there. Just a small portion of black mist left behind from whatever direction Way had gone in.