Chapter 32

KELLIN'S P.O.V

I thrashed around in Franceschi's grasp and was pretty much just confused by the entire situation. One moment I'm looking lovingly at Vic, the next I'm being held less than a meter away from a knife that is about to be lunged at me. In that moment time appeared to stand still. I was a mess of wanting Vic to escape and stay hidden, stay a secret or if I were to be selfish and cry out in desperate need of his help but I cared about his feelings more than mine so I wanted him to run. That's when he just disappeared.

I was relieved to say the least however I wanted him there but to my knowledge all I could think was that he was safe now that he'd gotten away from here.

My thoughts weren't able to stay focused on Vic for long because the questions kept getting thrown at me. Questions such as "who is he?" and "What are you two?" along with being accused of bieng liar, that I'd pay for my sins which was ironic considering the ones who were insulting me were The Sins. No matter what they said would get me to answer though. Struggling got me no where so I decided to take this a step further by trying to get violent but all that did was lead the knife to be thrown straight in my direction.

I only noticed the knife after it had been thrown at me, if anything I was just in shock. So when a hand reached out in front of my face and grabbed the blade at the very last second I was more than grateful considering I was in no state to have been able to get out the situation myself.

To my right stood Barakat with his arm outstretched, blade between fingers. Of course, he didn't bleed. Not even a flinch could be seen from him. If anything all he did was look down whilst smirking and shook his head a little.

"What do you think you're doing?" he seethed at Franceschi who just appeared shocked to see Barakat stand against him for a second time.

"I'm doing what it is that we're meant to be doing," Franceschi hissed back, obviously not liking the fued going on between himself and Barakat. I didn't like it myself, the more they went against each other the more likely it was for there to be a problem between the Sins themselves which was something that even I could be scared of.

Barakat sighed, chuckling dryly and continued to shake his head, "You were meant to get answers from him. How would you have been able to do that if he's unconscious for a few days after you throw a knife at his face, huh?"

That made Franceschi keep his mouth shut, "Fine then. You deal with him." With that he sped off along with the other Sins who had accompanied him.

Barakat's eyes followed them until they were far off in the distance and could no longer be seen. Once both of us were certain that they were all out of sight he dropped the knife then knelt down beside me. His gaze was serious which was something not many people were used to from him.

He lowered his voice, "You didn't answer anything that they asked of you, did you?"

I shook my head, "Wouldn't dream of it."

"Good," was all he said, "You're lucky I got here in time. Otherwise you'd be passed out and by the time you woke up, the war would have already started."

"Do you know anything else about the war? Such as why it's happening or when it's going to start?" I questioned. I knew that he knew, it was just a case of whether he was willing to tell me or not.

"Let's just say that it's something that us Sins have divided opinions on and that's why I'm trying to help you and others, such as Franceschi, will do anything to see you fall," he said solemnly.

"The war is definitely about Vic and I then?" I asked.

"Not entirely,' was the reply that I got.