Chapter 25

A/N: This chapter is filled with dialogue and not written very well so I feel the need to apologise. I'm sorry >.<

~~~

The room was lit with a soft glow as I slowly opened my eyes. I felt stiff and sat up all of a sudden remembering that I had fallen asleep with Vic in my arms however he wasn't there, instead Mike sat at the end of my bed with Jack accompanying him against the opposite wall. I was back in my Box. I tried to recall what happened in the Middle Land, letting it slowly come back to me. The yellow cabs, the buildings, Leslie, the den, mine and Vic's little performance and his lips against mine. It felt like I had just woken up from a dream but I knew I hadn't gone to sleep, it was all real.

"How did I get here?" I asked the them, stretching my body out and yawning.

"You just appeared slowly on the bed. It was weird," explained Jack whilst giving me a strange, questioning look. I just shrugged. I looked around and noticed the absence of Justin and Gabe.

"Where did the others go?" I questioned. I was more confused as to how they managed to leave since they couldn't get out unless I opened the door for them.

Mike pointed to the door that was no longer visible, "Justin took Gabe back to his Box the second you left so the door was still open."

"It was hard," Jack added, "since Gabe was still unconscious."

I sighed, resting my head in my hands and silently cursing at myself, "Does Justin hate me?" I asked quietly. Jack walked over and sat on the bed with me, making sure to make himself comfortable. He put a hand on my shoulder comfortingly so I felt obliged to look at him.

"Nah," he said, smiling reassuringly, "I think there's just something about Gabe that Justin makes him want to be friends." Something about what he said triggered my memory.

"Did Justin ever mention having a partner like in Heaven? Did he say she was going to join him down here like Jenna did for you?" I asked him. He shook his head, unsure of what I was getting at, "Maybe I'm just looking at things wrong but several days ago Gabe asked me how I knew I was gay then when I told him he didn't want to say anything more on the subject. I'm probably just being really ignorant but it sounded like he was questioning his own sexuality."

Jack's eyes widened, "So you're saying.."

I shrugged again, "I don't know."

"Anyway," Mike interrupted, cracking his knuckles. I had almost forgotten he was there. I should've spoken to him first, the curiosity must've been eating at him, "what happened with Vic?" He edged closer to us on the bed and we sat in a somewhat triangle formation. I looked down at my hands which were in my lap then noticed I was still wearing the skinny jeans and blue TOMS. I must've left my hoodie and shirt in the den. I smiled as I thought of Vic and I last night.

"Not much happened actually. We were meant to talk about what I discovered when I spoke to the other Kellin but we kind of almost forgot to do that..," I said, my voice trailing off. They both raised an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean you 'almost forgot'?" Mike asked, taking on the role of protective brother which masked his voice.

"Nothing," I said innocently but I supposed that had both guessed however Mike didn't give me any disapproving looks, "All that happened was we walked through the street for a bit, came across some girl called Leslie," Mike looked up at the mention of that name and gave me the same look as Vic gave Leslie when he first saw her. I ignored it, "then went to your old den."

Mike smiled to himself while Jack just sat listening, "Did you see Tony and Jaime?" He asked. It then occurred to me that they must've died after Mike. I didn't want to be the one to devastate him but it had to be done.