Chapter 29

My mind was preoccupied with thoughts of Vic and Mike to even care anymore about my suspicions of what was going on with the lack of activity throughtout Hell until I was reminded by it all whilst strolling past what would've not that long ago have been where Gabe burnt the hearts of thousands of pitiful souls. I stood still and stared out at the long stretch of land that was kept specially for that reason, I stared at the emptiness of it. It then dawned on me the boredom that I had all of a sudden become faced with. I let my legs collapse gracefully underneath me and perched myself on the ground, continuing to stare at the nothingness. 

My mind was then clouded with thoughts of Gabe and how guilty I still felt. I never knew what it was that Gabe had done to become a Fallen Angel but whatever it was he didn't deserve anymore punishment for it and that was what I had given him, more pain. I suppose it was natural for me as a Demon but that was unacceptable to be done to a friend. In that moment my thoughts stopped all together. I smiled. 

Gabe was a friend, Mike was a friend. The reaslisation that I had some form of friendship brightened up my mood, being a living thing from Hell I always thought I'd never be able to experience anything such as friendship ever again and yet I'd known Gabe and Jack for hundreds of years and only then it hit me what it was that they actually were to me. I was still making new friends such as Justin although I wasn't quite sure on how that one was playing out. Then there was Mike, after what I'd done for him and the emotions I'd seen him display in front of me I would've called him a brother rather than anything else. 

Next came along Vic, he was one that I wasn't quite what our relationship was. I didn't know what I felt towards him, all I knew was that he meant more to me than I was used to feeling. I'd die a million times over for him to live life once to the fullest. He had become my Angel.

The hours that followed were spent thinking about the beautiful man that haunted my dreams and swam through my mind every second. Why I felt this way was as alien to me as crying was. 

I was about to make a move and get on my feet again until I felt a hand placed on my shoulder. I looked up to the right of me and saw Justin bending down. He was looking at me, trying his hardest to greet me with the friendliest smile that he could master which I returned except I believed my smile to be more genuine.

"Hi," I said as he sat down beside me, eyeing the nothing less than uninteresting view ahead of us, "How are you?" I said awkwardly, trying to engage him in a conversation. He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and smiled slightly, a more believable one than previous. 

"I'm good," he answered bluntly.

I hesitated for a moment but decided to grow a pair of balls, "And.. And Gabe?"

He sighed a little but replied nonetheless, "He's better than he's ever been," he said and smiled the brightest smile that I had ever seen on that attractive face of his. His smile was without question contagious. 

"I'm glad to hear it. So where is he?" I questioned but the relief was evident on my face. Justin looked back up to where our Boxes were positioned. 

"He's just resting. Although he feels great, he's still really tired," he explained and that was good enough for me. After that there wasn't really much talking left to do, instead we sat there in a comfortable silence in satisfactory that the tension between us had been cleared. Yeah, Justin was definitely a friend too. 

He cleared his throat and eventually spoke up, "So when does my training begin then?" he asked with a slight tone of humour to his voice. My eyes widened as I remembered how I had failed to remember all about his training. He just laughed at what I guessed was my reaction.