Chapter 3

I woke up with a headache and unsure of what caused it. Nothing had happened the night before which would've given it to me so I thought nothing more of it until I remembered hearing that voice. It slightly scared me but I labelled it as a dream, leaving it at that although it must've been an extremely vivid dream. It seemed so real but even in Hell, things as strange as that just didn't happen.

I slowly sat up in bed, hand pressed against my forehead to try and soothe the pain even though I knew fully well it wouldn't achieve anything. My first instinct was to get out of my Box and get some fresh air or at least the air that was as fresh as it can get in Hell. I tried to brush off the thoughts about the voice I had heard but it kept making it's way back into my train of thoughts somehow. It was a dream so there was nothing to worry about, right? But dreams mean something sometimes too, don't they? But that's normally more with re-occurring dreams, am I correct? But that voice sounded in so much need of help it would be wrong for me not to worry, wouldn't it? I was having a battle against myself in my head and was too lost in it to realise I had stopped in front of Justin's Box, the guy himself soon climbing down the chains to greet me.

"Hey, you Ok? Man, did you sleep at all last night?" he asked, seeming genuinely concerned. I just smiled a little whilst nodding, gesturing him to follow me as we turned around and headed in the opposite direction. We went back down the path lining the Boxes until we came almost to the end. I decided I would push the thoughts of the small voice aside.

"Jack! Come down here!" I shouted, cupping my hands over my mouth as a make shift megaphone. Justin and I waited a moment in comfortable silence until we noticed a door appear at the front of Jack's Box, a head popping out the side.

"Hello?" he said in a chirpy, high pitched voice obviously mocking my feminine one. I just shot him a playful glare as he jumped down and stood with Justin and I.

"I have some stuff to do, remember the lessons I gave you a couple weeks ago? Now it's time to put it into action. Teach Justin some stuff." I said bluntly. Jack just gave me a look of complete disbelief.

"Kellin, you can't just dump this on me," he said, then turned to Justin, "Don't worry, I'm sorry that I'm making you sound like a burden, trust me. You're not. It's just that Kellin, you gave me an extremely brief lesson on how to train another Fallen Angel, I don't even know where to start. My first lesson was one hundred years ago! You're so much higher in the ranks than I am, how am I meant to know what to do? Get Gabe to do it! Most importantly, I just woke up and Chippy needs feeding."

"I'm sorry but I really have to do something else today and it's a disappointment to me too because I was really hoping to get to know you better," I began, turning to Justin then back to Jack, "Gabe can't do it either because he's reaching the end of his training so he can't skip what he's doing right now." Jack just continued to look at me disapprovingly for a while before I sighed, giving in to him.

"Fine," I said, running my fingers through my hair in slight frustration, my headache not having left yet, "Give Justin a tour of Hell, all of it, and explain every single job in detail. You're awake now so don't complain about being tired and you can feed Chippy on the way." I turned and began walking off.

"Or Chippy could eat you," I heard Jack call from behind me making me stop.

"We are not going through that again," I said as I heard laughter erupt from Jack in the distance as I walked further and further away from the two.

***

"Matty?" I called out, casually waltzing in as if I owned the place. I was stood inside a huge, gothic house. Well, that's if you can call it a house. Houses here were very different to what you'd live in whilst you're still human.