Chapter 20

A/N: For those of you who this chapter doesn't work for, I've left a link to my Tumblr in my description/bio where I've posted the chapter. ^.^

~~~

I began walking through Hell, ignoring the eery silence that made an uncomfortable aura loom around me. I didn't pay attention to the suspicious eyes prying around. It was nothing out of the ordinary to question everyone you see but lately, no one knew how to trust anyone. S's plan has forced us all to lose any loyalty we once showed to one another because of the secrecy of whatever it was that was going on. Everyone suspected each other.

I kept my head low, avoiding bringing attention to myself in any way or form although that might prove harder than anticipated. I looked back up for a brief moment at the sky to see what had come of the clock face. The giant black hole was still burnt into it making it impossible to read what time it may have read.

I walked further away from the Boxes, getting closer to where it was I wanted to return to. I must be crazy for wanting to go back.

As I approached the Centre I could see that the invisible wall was still in place with demons and creatures of all sorts banging their fists against it or anything solid they could find that could possibly damage the wall. I peered left and right. The wall stretched a long distance because just within eye distance I could make out other beings trying to tear the wall down.

No one was giving me a second look. I made my way straight to the wall and placed my hand on it. It was easy to tell that it was created using bricks but it wasn't put together well, I could feel some bricks sticking further out than others. Many were in positions that allowed me to use the bricks to climb up the wall which, of course, is what I began doing.

I got a strong hold of the bricks and hauled myself up, focusing hard on controlling my balance. It was risky but I needed to get up somehow. The fact that no other demon had thought of climbing up the way I was only half surprised me, not everyone here was intelligent.

The journey began as an easy climb but later it became a struggle. My arms were starting to fall weak whilst I was beginning to lose my footing, finding it harder to climb because there were less and less bricks that stuck out.

I could've asked Barakat to assist me again but he had done enough for me already by going against the other Sins. I couldn't put him in another position like that.

Soon I was standing on top of the wall, hands on my hips as a feeling of accomplishment embedded me. I looked down to see that other demons had began attempting to climb up but failed time after time.

It was then that I realised just how weird it was that I had even managed to succeed myself. I wasn't any more capable than they were. A few even had higher ranks than I had. A lot of them were in better shape than I was.

I tried to think nothing of it as I turned on my heels and carefully began walking along the wall back towards to the clock face. This was the part that frightened me. I had no clue as to how wide the wall was nor could I see the wall, it was as though I was walking on air.

I moved at an extremely slow pace with my arms out so that I'd keep my balance. All I wanted was to talk to Vic and apologise for not making him happy and that I wasn't able to stop his thoughts about Mike. I felt so guilty about it.

After a while I'd managed to get myself along the wall and stood eye level with clock face. I jumped up and flung myself back onto the ledge then pulled myself up so that I was on my feet again.

I looked at the view below me, feeling a bit nostalgic. I hated myself so much for not thinking of jumping onto the wall before instead of being reckless and jumping the distance we did, it would've saved Gabe from being in the state he is. I tried to reassure myself that it wasn't my fault because we were all panicked and that it could've been worse but I knew better.