Chapter 7

I began to learn that after each conversation I'd have with Vic I would awake the next morning with a devastating headache which I had no control over. My mind was a blur due to the confusion as to whether or not I should talk to Mike about last night of which I doubt helped the pain in my head.

I sat upright in my bed for a while contemplating the idea. I felt I had to do something. Vic's voice was so urgent to hear about his little brother and me knowing how Mike is made me feel like I had the responsibility to help. It wasn't just that though, I remember clearly Vic's first words to me being 'help me.' I didn't believe that Vic had purposely tried to contact me in particular or if he even intended to have someone hear him at all and yet I did so because of that small fact I did believe that there was a reason why it was me, making me feel I had the right to help him.

I needed to talk to someone about it though. The first person who popped into my head was Matty but I highly doubted that he'd be interested or would want to give me any 'advice.' I was grateful for our friendship although I'd be slightly more thankful if he'd be more supportive. It was rare that I had problems and when I did Matty was never one to comfort even though he did try.

I then prepared myself for the day, attempting to make myself look presentable in front of my fellow demons. Once I was finished I jumped out of my Box and ran straight to the Box of whom I could rely on. The second I was directly in front of where the door would appear I came to a sudden stop.

"Justin!" I cupped my hands over my mouth and shouted for his attention. I heard a small 'No' indicating that he was refusing to leave the comfort of his bed. Well, someone hasn't learnt the rules of Hell yet.

"Justin, if you don't get down here I will personally go up there and get you myself," I threatened but again got no sense of movement from him. To tell the truth, I couldn't perform what I had just said I'd do without actually being him and placing his hand print on the door.

"Uhmmm... Justin? I can't actually personally go up there and get you myself," I said hoping I was loud enough for him to hear me. I heard him chuckle loudly before he made an appearance and was suddenly standing in front of me.

"Hey," he grinned, "Do I start my training today?"

My face was blank for a brief moment because in all honesty I had completely forgotten that I needed to train up Justin. I just nodded and gestured for us to start walking as I began our conversation.

"Yeah, we'll start your training but I need to talk to you about something first," I said and he just nodded as a sign for me to carry on.

"It's about Vic and Mike," I said straight away and I could see a small flash of hope enter his eyes and I knew he was hoping that he'd somehow find out their story from me.

"I.. I've been talking to Vic," I said and his eyes widened as he came to a stop.

"What? How? Can I talk to Vic?" He said then it looked like a sudden realisation had hit him, "Can I talk to Lindsey? Please let me talk to Lindsey!" I put my hands up and he immediately stopped, apologised and let me explain myself.

"I've been talking to Vic for the last three nights. At first I didn't know it was him until you mentioned Vic's name and I just had a feeling the voice I could've been talking to was Vic and turned out I was right although when I talk to him I somehow forget who I am completely, it's almost like a side effect of talking to him along with a headache in the morning. I have no idea how he managed to contact me but I don't think he meant to. The first thing he did was beg for help, again the second night but last night he was happy and he spoke about how his day went but then," I paused to make sure Justin was keeping up, "He mentioned that Heaven had just lost an Angel who had fallen. That's you. That made me remember who I am so I informed him that I'm in Hell but it only triggered him as he began frantically asking about Mike because he knows he's in Hell but before I could tell him about what happened to Mike yesterday his voice had faded and our conversation was over for the night," I said, not sure where I was going with this.