Chapter 40

FINAL CHAPTER

~~~

"Vic, I.. I didn't know.. I'm so sorry," I stuttered. This was a turn of events that had not been expected by anyone. I suppose that's always bound to happen though, of course. The second you discover a new valuable possession, that's just not allowed. Life and death don't tolerate happiness, how foolish could I be to believe that from now on there'd be no struggles left to face? I'm a fool who is simply attracted to disastrous situations. Presumably why I'm with Vic.

"Don't apologise. You're the one who got attached. You're in as much pain as I am," he muttered. His eyes wouldn't break contact with the floor. If I were him I would've preferred to keep his eyes glued to my gorgeous face, that might've helped him feel better. Looking at how beautiful he still clearly was still let the warm feeling live on in my not quite so existent heart but of course, part of it still lived to served the disastrous situation.

I shook my head in a way to let him know that we shared what we felt, it wasn't one sided and we did both know that. I took a step closer to him and he didn't back off the way I had to him, "I am but hey, at least we know Copeland wasn't in pain. Right?"

He nodded and then looked up at me. Those eyes were glistening again. For a second time I shook my head debating whether to let him cry or end this conversation here.

"When she becomes a star, we'll look for her together and she'll be our star. Okay?" I said and he didn't oppose to the idea. A smile was passed between us although it didn't help prevent the glistening eyes to glisten more.

"How do you do it?" he asked me and I could hear his voice starting to shake slightly. I knew he was going to start crying so I embraced him in the most comforting hug I had to offer.

"Do what?" I asked beside him, his head rested gently on my shoulder. My hand was rubbing his back a little to help with the idea of comfort. Whether it came off that way, I was clueless to. I just hoped I was doing okay.

"Make me feel okay even when you're not and something like that has just happened?" he whispered. I didn't have an answer to that simply because I didn't know I could do that. I wasn't ignorant to the fact that Vic was delicate but I also knew he could be stronger than myself with his mind and spirit so how I was capable of making someone like him feel the way he did, I had no idea.

"Hey," I squeezed him tighter, "It's because it's you and I guess we make each other okay since I just know as long as I'm here with you and you're here with me, I know we'll be okay."

"Really?" he asked and so much hope was ignited in his eyes.

"You'll always be okay, darling," I smiled down at him, placing a loose hair behind his ear.

He giggled slightly. It was a sound that I would never get tired of hearing no matter how much I heard it, "you called me darling."

I stepped out of the hug and slid my hand down his arm to then link my hand with his own, "It seemed like a perfect moment, almost as perfect as you."

He laughed at that one, "I'm not sure whether to be flattered or throw up."

I smiled and shook my head as we continued walking. If I was honest, I had no idea as to what we were meant to do now. Supposedly, we should return to the guys and meet them wherever they were.