Chapter 14

It had been approximately two hours since we made the turn right and there were no improvements. We hadn't come across any obstacles which would have caused problems but we hadn't received any source of light either. I could tell that the guys were starting to feel worn out considering that the light hearted chatter we had kept up was beginning to die down.

"Kellin, what are we even doing? We've been walking for way too long and still there's no sign of anything up here," Justin whined but I simply ignored him. I wasn't giving hope, we'd find Mike and make Vic happy, we would.

For the time we had been walking I only spoke up a couple times, I was mostly filled with thoughts about what I'd do once we found Mike and what would happen. I had no clue as to how Mike would be able to talk to Vic considering I was the only one who could, as far as Vic and I knew. I couldn't just give Mike the ability to communicate with Vic, it just wouldn't be that easy.

Then what would happen if Mike did talk to Vic? Vic would definitely be happy then but would that mean I wouldn't be able to talk to him any longer? I found myself not liking the idea in the slightest. He was seemed so fragile and I wanted to always be there to comfort him when he needed it, we're both going to live on for eternity as an Angel and a Demon forever so I'd definitely be able to there for him always.

"Hey, what's that?" Jack asked from behind me, interrupting me from my thoughts and I peered upwards and saw a small glow above us.

"OH MY GOD. LIGHT. WE HAVE LIGHT. WE'VE FOUND JESUS," Justin screamed from beside me, jumping up and down in happiness which just earned another slap from me.

"Justin, you're in Hell now. Don't refer to his name," I warned him and he immediately shut up. We all stood directory below to small glow, contemplating what it could be. It looked as though it was fixed into the ceiling and from the light that it was giving out I could see that the ceiling, walls and floor were all made of the same stone.

"I have a feeling that if we leave this light and carry on walking we won't find another until we've walked for about another two hours," Gabe said and we all agreed.

"We could take the light and carry it with us like a torch?" Justin suggested but no one really listened.

"We need to find out what the light source is first, we can't just carry light," I said then gestured to Jack, "give me a boost so I can get a better look."

Jack crouched down and I climbed on his shoulders, getting a firm grip so that I wouldn't fall as he slowly stood up again. My head was almost touching ceiling and I trailed my fingers along it to study wherever the light was coming from.

"Guys, I think the light is above the ceiling like, it's another floor. We just need to get up there somehow and the fact that we can see the light through this stone means the stone must be kinda weak and not very thick," I said, still concentrating hard.

"So are you suggesting we somehow break through the stone and climb up there?" Gabe asked, not sounding impressed in the slightest.

"Yup," was all I replied with.

"Kellin, the moment we break through the stone it'll just cave in on us," Jack said but as true as that was I still wanted to try.

"We need to try. My guess is that a few hard punches at it will be enough but we need to run the second it looks like it's about the give in, OK?" I said but it was more like a command rather than anything else. They all hesitantly nodded and I nodded back before taking a deep breath and using all the force in me to throw a blow at the ceiling above. As I thought it made a small crack so I did it again forcing the crack to get larger. Jack was watching closely and I could tell he was getting nervous.