Chapter 19

Brindleface arrives back from dawn patrol. Once she pads through the bushes at the camp entrance, she is greeted by Willowpelt.

"Hello Brindleface!" Willowpelt meows cheerfully. "How was dawn patrol?" The pale gray she-cat asks her.

"It was fine. The borders were good, no sign of the scent of any other clans." Brindleface answers.

"That's good." Willowpelt meows. "Mind if I talk to you for a little?" She asks.

"I don't mind, go ahead." Brindleface responds to her friend, a little bit worried about what the other she-cat has to say.

"Are you and Whitestorm mates? You two have been awfully close lately." Willowpelt quietly asks. Brindleface could already see some disappointment in Willowpelt's expression which made Brindleface's heart sink into her belly.

I should just tell the truth. She will find out anyways. Brindleface thinks.

"Yes, I meant to tell this to you soon. I'm so sorry, Willowpelt. I couldn't stop my feelings." Brindleface answers, afraid of Willowpelt's reaction. She watches as Willowpelt's expression changes into a disappointed face of betrayal.

I feel like I'm about to vomit. Brindleface thinks.

"I'm so disappointed in you, Brindleface. I thought we were friends. I thought it was me and you before any toms. I guess I was wrong. You've betrayed me. Don't talk to me again." Willowpelt meows angrily. "Now, I'm going to have to go give Whitestorm a talking too." She adds, turning around and beginning to stomp away.

"Wait!" Brindleface meows desperately, which makes Willowpelt come to a halt and turn her head.

"What is it now, traitor?" Willowpelt asks coldly.

"Maybe... if it's okay with you and Whitestorm... we can all be together at once? Then, all of us will be happy and no friendships will be ruined. I know Whitestorm still feels things for you. We all love each other, so I think it's the best solution for us to keep loving each other. We should be three-way mates." Brindleface suggest, afraid for Willowpelt's response.

"Brindleface.." Willowpelt meows, her tail tucking underneath herself. "I'd love that. All three of us can be happy as mates." She meows. Brindleface could tell that the younger she-cat was starting to get emotional.

"Come here." Brindleface meows softly. Willowpelt nods and pads back over to Brindleface. The pale gray she-cat tries her best not to let out a wail as she presses her head against Brindleface's chest and the spotted tabby gives her several forehead licks.

"I agree with this." Whitestorm meows, jumping into the moment. "I'd be very happy, since I love you both very much. I can't wait for all of the things the three of us will do together." He admits.

"Whitestorm! When did you get here?" Brindleface meows, wondering how the white tom suddenly jumped into her moment with Willowpelt. 

"I was already nearby and managed to listen onto what was going on between you two. I think Brindleface's idea will be the best for all of us." Whitestorm answers. Willowpelt lifts her head off of Brindleface's soft fur and pads over to Whitestorm.

"Again, I apologize for leaving you for Brindleface, especially since you were in the nursery with Graypaw. It never ran through my mind that this was a possibility." Whitestorm apologizes.

"Everything's okay now, Whitestorm. I love you so much." Willowpelt meows. Brindleface watches as the two cats touch noses and she can't help but start purring.

I don't think I've been this happy in moons. Brindleface thinks. I love Whitestorm and Willowpelt so much. I will make sure to be by their sides forever.