Chapter 15

It has been a moon and a half since Graykit was born. The kits have grown a lot in the past moon, which Brindleface and Willowpelt were excited to see.

"Before we know it, they'll be warriors." Willowpelt meows, looking down at Graykit and Dustkit, who are sleeping near to her.

"You're right. I just can't believe that Dustkit, Cherrykit, and Ravenkit tried fresh-kill for the first time today. They're almost two moons old already." Brindleface responds, looking at Sandkit, Cherrykit, and Ravenkit who are sleeping up against her.

"They're all going to be great warriors, I know it. Unless one of them ends up being Spottedleaf's apprentice, which means they will be great medicine cat instead." Willowpelt meows. That was when a familiar figure padded into the nursery.

"Whitestorm!" Willowpelt meows happily. "How are you?" She asks her mate.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." Whitestorm replies. "How are you, Brindleface, and all of the kits?" He asks.

"We're all great, thank you for checking up on us." Willowpelt responds with a purr.

"Before I go, there's something I want to tell you." Whitestorm tells the pale gray she-cat.

"What is it?" Willowpelt asks. Brindleface just lays there and observes the couple.

"Willowpelt, I think I've fallen in love with another she-cat." Whitestorm meows, unable to make eye contact with the pale gray queen.

"You think you've what?!" Willowpelt meows, growling a little at the white tom.

"I'm sorry but... I just can't stop my feelings." Whitestorm meows. "It's not your fault at all." He meows.

"Get your face away from me or else i'll claw it off!" Willowpelt hisses. At that moment, the white tom quickly exits the nursery. Brindleface is in completely shock.

What she-cat is better than Willowpelt? Brindleface thinks.

"Are you okay?" Brindleface asks her friend worriedly.

"No." Willowpelt responds with a pout.

"You'll be alright. You don't need him." Brindleface meows. "Redtail broke up with me. I was mad at the moment but look at me now! I'm perfectly fine and happy. The same applies to you. After all of this is over, you've going to be okay and you will move on. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another tom in the clan that's willing to be mates with you." She meows.

"You're right, Brindleface. We don't need toms!" Willowpelt meows, although her tone of voice still sounds angry.

"That's the spirit!" Brindleface responds cheerfully. "Whoever the she-cat is that Whitestorm likes, we know that she's someone Whitestorm will be very happy with. You wouldn't want him to stay in a relationship he was unhappy with, right?" The gray spotted tabby asks.

"Right." Willowpelt meows. "His happiness is very important."

"When you think about it, you will also be happy without Whitestorm. You are surrounded by five kits that you love dearly and your best friend. What's not to love about that?" Brindleface meows.

"You have good points." Willowpelt responds. "Thank you for being by my side, Brindleface." She meows.

"I will be there forever, Willowpelt."