Chapter 6

Brindleface is grooming herself in the leaf-fall sun when she is interrupted.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the Highrock for a clan meeting!" She hears her clan leader call. The gray spotted tabby stops grooming and gives her attention to the clan leader. She watches as her clanmates also gather around the Highrock for the clan meeting. Once all of the cats have gathered, Bluestar meows, "Longpaw, step forward."

Brindleface watches at the tabby apprentice steps forward towards the Highrock proudly.

"Longpaw, you have successfully passed your warrior assessment. Thus, it is time for you to become a ThunderClan warrior." Bluestar meows, looking down at the young cat. Brindleface watches as the apprentice beams with pride.

"I, Bluestar, leader of ThunderClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn." Bluestar meows, fixing her blue gaze on Longpaw. "Longpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." Longpaw responds confidently.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Longpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Longtail. StarClan honors your bravery and your loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of ThunderClan."

Once Bluestar finished speaking, she stepped over towards Longtail and rested her muzzle on his bowed head. Longtail licks his leader's shoulder respectfully, and then walks over towards his mother, Robinwing.

The cats begin to chant the tabby's new warrior name. "Longtail! Longtail!" They begin to gather around the new warrior, congratulating him on this major achievement. Brindleface pads over to congratulate her half-brother while she chants his name along with her clanmates. She watches as Robinwing licks the top of her son's head, clearly very proud of him.

"Congratulations, Longtail." Brindleface meows once she approaches her mother and half-brother.

"Thank you, Brindleface." Longtail responds with a purr. Robinwing looks over at Brindleface and gives her a friendly nod and purr before padding off. Once the crowd dies down, Longtail asks Brindleface a question.

"Are you and Redtail mates? I've noticed that the two of you have been with each other a lot." Longtail asks his half-sister. Brindleface lets out a purr.

"Yes, we're mates!" Brindleface answers happily.

"Well, congratulations! You two are cute together." Longtail responds.

"Thank you, Longtail." Brindleface meows. "Are you thinking of possibly having a mate and kits someday?" He asks, curious about her half-brothers future plans. Longtail responds with a shake of his head.

"Maybe a mate, but I don't want any kits. I'm fine without either of them." Longtail answers.

"That's a good way to be. Relationships are complicated and kits seem to be a handful. That way, you can fully dedicate yourself to being a ThunderClan warrior." Brindleface meows.

"You're right. That's what I was thinking." Longtail responds.

"Anyways, I hope you enjoy your silent vigil tonight." Brindleface meows, beginning to pad away from her half-brother and towards where she was sitting before to resume grooming.

"Thank you! See you around!" Longtail responds, beginning to pad over to his former mentor, Darkstripe.