Stay~ Grace and Louis

*Two Years Ago*

"I said it was alright, Louis!" I shouted. "But your mad, Grace!" he snapped back. "Because you're leaving me, and you don't even care," I shrieked so high I'm sure only dogs could hear. "Well, sorry I want to follow my dream!" he shouted. "Get out! Get out, and don't ever talk to me again!" I yelled. He stormed out of the house and slammed the door.

I need some time just deliver the things that I need for now

Everything that I feel's like a warm deep calm casting over me

And it's taking me to somewhere new

*A few Months After*

I stood there outside the X-Factor house. I wanted to see him, but he had a new girlfriend. He had made a new life here. I turned around, and started to walk away. I saw him peak out the window as I turned. I just kept walking. He was happy here. Without me.

If you believe that everything's alright

You won't be all alone tonight

And I'd be blessed by the light of your company,

Slowly lifting me to somewhere new

*A Year After*

I missed him. I stood in line at a signing with my best friend. She had moved to town after he left, and I never told her what happened. She talked me into coming today. When we got to the front of the line I felt his eyes on me. "Hey!" he greeted cheerfully when we got to him. "Hey, Louis!" Miranda, my friend, squealed. I couldn't find it in me to speak.

Oh can you tell, I haven't slept very well

Since the last time that we spoke, you said

"Please understand if I see you again don't even say hello."

*A Few Months Later*

I stared at the screen on the telly. I looked down at my phone for a second, before standing. I sot dressed, and walked out the door. I dialled a number into my phone as I walked out of the house. "Hello, this is Louis! I'm sorry I coouldn't make it to my phone. Harry! Stop tickling me! Leave a message after the beep! Harry!" his voice rang into my ear. "Hey, Lou. I'm sorry I called. I just had to tell you I was sorry. That's all really," I whispered and hung up.

Please

What a night it is, when you live like this

And you're coming up beneath the clouds,

Don't let me down

All the love's still there I just don't know what to do with it now

You know, I still can't believe we both did some things

I don't even wanna think about

Just say you love me and I'll say "I'm sorry,

I don't want anybody else to feel this way"

No, no, no

*Two years after One Direction was formed*

I looked at the door as I stood there. I knocked lightly on the door. When he opened it I basically fell into his arms, I had lost my balance. He looked at me funny. probably from the bags under my eyes and the alcahole on my breath.

Oh can you tell, I haven't slept very well

Since the last time that we spoke, I said

"Please understand I've been drinking again, and all I do is hope"

"Hey, Louis," I slurred my words out. "Grace? What are you doing here?" he asked, sitting me on the couch. " I heard you broke up with that girl! I wanted to know if I had another chance!" I giggled out. "Grace, you've been drinking," he stated. "I know that, silly. But you see, I've been really sad since you left me. Did you get the message I left you?" I asked excitedly.

Please... stay

Please stay

"Grace, please tell me you didn't start drinking again?" he asked. "Of course i have! Old habits seem to come back when your rock is gone!" I giggled loudly. "You need to lay down," he instructed. He pushed me down gently, and put a blanket over me. "But , Louis! I have something more to say! I want you to know I still love you! I was wrong to tell you not to live your dream but what was I supposed to do? The only person who still cared about me was leaving!" I explained.

I'll admit I was wrong about everything

Cause I'm high and I don't wanna come down

All the fun that we had on your mothers couch,

I don't even wanna think about

"Oh, Grace," he whispered, as he ran a hand through my hair. "Louis, can you promise me something?' I asked tiredly. "Of course," he nodded. "You broke this promise the last time I asked, but will you stay with me forever?" I probably looked very childish. "Forever and always," he grinned.

I'm not strong enough for the both of us

What was I supposed to do

You know I love you

Whoa-oh

I woke up the next morning with a killer headache, but I was in Louis' arms. The events of the night before hit me like a train. He promised. "Good morning. Do you want something for that headache?" he asked sweetly. "Please," I croaked out. I knew that Louis would keep his promise this time. Even if he didn't the last time.

Please just stay

Stay

____________________________________________________

This is based on the song Stay by Mayday Parade.

Xo Sarabeth