Chapter 45

When Sebastian came back to life, he quickly noticed three things before he opened his eyes. First, there was no sounds of a jet engine. So either they had crashed in the Atlantic and he was in the afterlife, or they had landed safely in Paris.  The second thing was that he wasn’t alone for someone was sitting near him with his head in their lap. And finally, his jaw felt like it was stuffed with cotton.

He opened his eyes and found himself staring at the windshield of a car from the backseat.

“Welcome back to life. You feeling better?” A friendly voice asked. Sebastian turned his head slightly and looked up at two violet eyes. 

Agnés smiled and ran his hand through his hair. “You were out longer than I thought. Do you feel any better?”

Sebastian sat up and touched his jaw. “Richard, what the hell did you go all out on me?”

“Sorry, ‘The Child’ was hell-bent on killing us—though he didn’t put up much of a fight—I had no intention of dying on a plane.”

The younger twin growled. “And you think I had the intention of being another vampire’s punching bag?”

“I’m sorry. I can’t stress it out any thiner than that.”

He scowled at the mirror. “Pha! You think sorry is going to make the pain go away? I feel like I’m made out of cotton. I’m surprised I can still talk.”

“It was just a small drug. You were in Death’s Rest and I didn’t want you to wake up in pain.” 

“To late for that now genius.”

“What was I supposed to do?”

Sebastian rubbed his stiff jaw. “Incase you forgotten, I’m a vampire. Death’s Rest heals vampires.”

Richard held up a finger. “From my point of view, your body was having a hard time healing on its own.”

“Well, forgive me for being ‘The Child’!”

“Hey I told you—”

A deep growl cut into the conversation. “Shut. It. Both. Of. You or I’ll force you both into Death’s Rest.” Agnés threatened. He shot an ice cold glare at the twins before settling back against the door.

Sebastian paled slightly, “Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?”

“How about I didn’t get any sleep at all.” Agnés hissed, glancing over at him. “And I’m tired of settling your arguments. You’re brothers,” he said in a more calmer tone, “and both of you are in on this. You should put your arguments aside and focus on Adrien.”

Silence settled in between them. Sebastian looked out the window as Paris flew passed him. When Richard came to an intersection, he rose from his seat a little and pointed to a clothing store near by. “Wait, pull up into that store.”

Richard looked at him like he was crazy. “This is not the appetite time to go clothes shopping Sebby.”

“Just trust me.” Sebastian pleaded.

With a small sigh, Richard pulled into the parking lot and heard Sebastian unbuckle his seat belt and open the door before he put the car in park. Agnés followed soon after, running into the store before the sun could light him aflame. Rolling a kink out of his neck, Richard got out and hurried after his brother.

Sebastian jogged into the girls department, causing Agnés to become confused.

“What are we doing in the girl’s section?” He asked.