Chapter 29

Sebastian looked up from his magazine and stared at his reflection. Feeling the world around him, he found Adrien’s presence. . . .but he wasn’t alone. Tossing the magazine on the table and grabbing his jacket, he stood and ran using vampire speed to the front of the store. His fist immediately slammed into the face of the man who had struck fear into Adrien’s heart.

Adrien immediately hid behind Sebastian like a child and personally, he didn’t care. When you’re only five foot three and with the muscle strength of a rabbit, there’s not a whole lot you can do when standing up to someone a whole foot taller and strong as an ox.

Sebastian flexed his hand as the man went down. A deep anger burned like a mighty dragon in his heart. “Mr. Horn. Are you so determined to go to your grave?” He glanced up at the people who were stopping to see what was happening.

Collin got to his feet, wiping the blood from his noes. “You stoled my child. Give him back to me now!”

Oh bloody hell. Sebastian thought as he gazed at the people. That coward is going to make me look like the bad guy. Fine, we’ll play like that. 

Two hands attached themselves to the back of his shirt. Sebastian looked over his shoulder as Adrien clung for dear life while trembling like a salt shaker.

“I didn’t steal anyone.” Mr. Belmont said, making it clear to the crowd. “You abused your own child to the point of him wanting to commit suicide. Don’t try to pull the wool over the eyes of these poor folk, Mr. Horn. As a parent, the relationship between you and your son speaks loud and clear right now.” He reached behind him and peeled Adrien’s hands away then he stepped to the side to expose the small, scared teenager.

He guested his hand towards Adrien, much to the boy’s demise for not wanting being shown in the spotlight. “Look at him. He’s a teenager and yet he’s fears you like a small child who’s scared of the dark.”

Adrien looked up at Sebastian then quickly hid behind him once more. Sebastian could only shake his head. “You’re a monster Mr. Horn. I’m sorry I didn’t realize that earlier at my Christmas Party. Now, I’m done making a scene in front of these people. So go home or I’ll start knocking out teeth. Come on Adrien.”

Sebastian started to lead the boy back into the men’s department when Collin’s hand grabbed the back of Adrien’s shirt and jerked him back.

“No, let go! Let go! I won’t do it!” Adrien screamed. He twisted and pulled till he finally slipped out of his shirt and darted for Sebastian. He clung onto the man for his life.

Sebastian quickly casted an illusion to prevent anyone from seeing the boy’s back. Knowing that he wouldn’t be able to hold the illusion, the vampire placed his jacket over Adrien. “You’re really trying to piss me off, aren’t you?”

“Give him back or I’ll sue you.”

After giving the Adrien a reassuring a hug, Sebastian stepped away and rolled up his sleeves as he walked up to Mr. Horn.

“You want to sue me? Go ahead and give it a try. I know what you’ve done, the proof is on Adrien’s back.” Sebastian whispered. “Don’t mess with me Collin. I am the Reaper, God’s damnation. I’ve have brought a brigade of two thousand men to their graves.” He grabbed Collin’s shirt and brought him close, pulling Adrien’s shirt out of his grip. “I’m sparing your life because Adrien needs help from the damage you caused. Keep pestering me and I’ll change my mind and give you a death so slow and painful, you’ll wish I had given it to you more quickly.”

He pushed the man back but as he turned, a hand quickly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt. Instantly, Sebastian reached behind him, grabbed the hand and twisted it as he turned around. Then with his left hand, he punch Collin in the face, sending the man flying.